GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Callcredit credit file - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Callcredit credit file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Callcredit credit file

I have taken out a free trial with a CRA which compares both equifax and call credit reports.

On my credit file for callcredit the default is listed every month since it defaulted. Where as equifax it has a big D where it defaulted and that is it. Should I be concerned about this? Will my callcredit file default each month forever until settled?

Re: Callcredit credit file

It's just the two CRAs presenting the same data in different ways.

Your Callcredit file is NOT defaulting each month. Those are just monthly status indicators on the original default, and not new defaults.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by rizzle View Post
      It's just the two CRAs presenting the same data in different ways.

Your Callcredit file is NOT defaulting each month. Those are just monthly status indicators on the original default, and not new defaults.
      But when the original default "drops-off" on equifax, will it do the same on call credit even though it had a big D on it before?

Comment

Originally posted by Diasflac View Post
        But when the original default "drops-off" on equifax, will it do the same on call credit even though it had a big D on it before?
        Yes, as they are not new defaults, just status updates, which is just callcredit's way of showing a defaulted account until settled or removed from your report.

The original default, and every other detail of the account (status history with all the Ds 1 2 3 4 etc, balances, dates etc, EVERYTHING) will be removed from your report 6 years from the initial default date. No trace of the account will remain.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by rizzle View Post
          Yes, as they are not new defaults, just status updates, which is just callcredit's way of showing a defaulted account until settled or removed from your report.

The original default, and every other detail of the account (status history with all the Ds 1 2 3 4 etc, balances, dates etc, EVERYTHING) will be removed from your report 6 years from the initial default date. No trace of the account will remain.
          Excellent thank you, I was a bit worried; so used to using equifax.
          Last edited by Diasflac; 23 May 2013, 15:20. Reason: I don't know what CRA I use.

Comment

Working...
          X