GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Comparing the 3 - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comparing the 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comparing the 3

This isnt really a how I need to do something more of how are they are reporting sort of thread.

Just so I can get my head round things for when we move out of debt.

We have an egg card which was settled April 2007.

On Noddle there is all the card details plus now one solitary months figures. Next month the account goes lock stock and barrel.

On Experian the same account is showing settlement April 2007 but it has account status codes from 1 to 36 months. Plus it is showing account balance for 24 months.

On Equifax this same account has settlement April 2007 but it is showing status codes for 43 months plus a payment and balance history for the last 12 months of the accounts life.

Presumably both the latter two accounts will go also next month.

So my question is really from this it appears only literally the last 6 years is visible. ie one single entry 6 years ago on noddle.

Whereas on the other two there is visible the last 6 years of nothing plus 3 years for Experian and 3.75 years for Equifax prior to the 6 years of nothing ie going back to 9 and 9.75 years.

I understand the end result is everything clears this month but do lenders ever use this additional resource on long dead accounts. Or is that a no no.

I am really more interested in a couple of years on a settled Halifax account from last summer. There are some pretty bad markers on it (AR's and up to 5 months late) with only 6 months of 0's just before the settlement. Luckily it doesnt appear on Experian but does on Equifax.

The late markers will fall off Noddle in Dec 2016 and AP's in Dec 2017 but the account wont be removed from Noddle or Equifax until Sept 2018.

So there is the question is this one solitary account going to cause us untold grief even though we settled it.? Because on Equifax if they choose to view it a lender will see a nightmare until its 6th anniversary of settlement even though the actual events will be more than 6 years old.
    Many thanks
Working...
X