GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script What is the best way to resolve this - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the best way to resolve this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the best way to resolve this

My wife went to a a shop in town to purchase a light bulb (some long grow light). She asked for a 400w and the lad behind the counter told her they had none in stock but he did have a 600w bulb. He went on to tell her "it would be ok to use and might even be better.
    She paid the £30 asking price in cash (they don't take card payments)
    She asked me to install the said bulb. I noticed it was 600w, the rating on the holder says not to exceed 400w. I told her to take it back and exchange.
    She took it back, same lad behind counter. He took the bulb and as no 400w in stock would order her one.
    He called her and she called me and asked if I could pick it up from shop.
    I called in and the lad said he couldn't exchange as the owner had instructed him not to.
    I left my phone number and the bulb there and told him to ask his boss to call me.
    I got the call...he told me "we don't do exchanges or refunds on bulbs"
    We had a bit of a set to on the phone but nothing too bad.
    I also informed him that she never got a receipt....he told me they don't give them unless asked...I asked and have to call in for one.
    In the end I agreed for him to check the serial numbers and whatever he needed (the bulb was never put into the holder) he said he would call back.
    he didn't...
    here is my dilemma ...I think he's going to be an arse...
    I want to either rip him over the counter or put all his windows in on a regular basis. Or both.
    Or should I/can I make him either exchange or refund without the need for violence.
    If the latter, what is the process?

kuma
    Do you think I look like Hitler?

Re: What is the best way to resolve this

I opt for slap the cheeky bugger then smash his bulbs and smile, walk away and await the boys in blue.

What else cheers up an otherwise boring Thursday

Seriously just go there and speak to him WITH the junior that sold your mrs the wrong lamp. Take your mrs too. It's hard to lie to someone's face when put on the spot...

That's what I'd be doing (recounting the original conversation between mrs & junior)...
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
      I opt for slap the cheeky bugger then smash his bulbs and smile, walk away and await the boys in blue.

What else cheers up an otherwise boring Thursday
      But it's Wednesday

Comment

I felt sorry for the lad in the shop. He was a nice kid, just trying to help.
        The arse on the phone wound me up a little with his "why did she pick a 600 when she wanted a 400"..all talk and no listen.
        It's not like he doesn't get a sale either. I never asked for money back, just a swap.
        I'll call in tomorrow..well phone him, he's never there, see what he says.

I still have a catapult.
        Do you think I look like Hitler?

Comment

Originally posted by planB View Post
          But it's Wednesday
          doh!

It was like 22.45 when I replied so it would be a Thursday being the earliest date possible to do the slapping
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

doh!

It was like 22.45 when I replied so it would be a Thursday being the earliest date possible to do the slapping

Late night shopping?
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
              Late night shopping?
              with the lights on....

Comment

with the lights on....

Ah! reminds me = a the bob I loaned you for the meter!
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
                  Ah! reminds me = a the bob I loaned you for the meter!
                  wasn't it ten bob bits..... a bob, what is that (5p???)

With interest that 50p now equals the grand sum of, £27,245.98. You have 1 hour to settle or I'll come and knee-cap you

Now that's a threat-o-gram to be proud of

Comment

wasn't it ten bob bits..... a bob, what is that (5p???)

With interest that 50p now equals the grand sum of, £27,245.98. You have 1 hour to settle or I'll come and knee-cap you

Now that's a threat-o-gram to be proud of
                    (Ten Bob Notes! 5 pence pieces!)

Reporting you to "ALL & SUNDRY" ===

Question:- Have you got their address?

Comment

Working...
                    X