GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Nightmare with Asda Direct - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nightmare with Asda Direct

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nightmare with Asda Direct

Here for a bit of advice where or what to do next; long story short, ordered and paid for 3 pieces of new lounge furniture on 14th January, website stated 14 days delivery. 10 days later 2 pieces of furniture delivered and we were delighted, just what we wanted, all that was outstanding was the matching coffee table to complete our newly decorated front room.

Another 2 weeks pass, I keep on checking tracking so I email customer services, no response - 10 days later they respond and say that their supplier does not have item in stock and will not be able to deliver until the end of February, do we want a refund. Decide we like the furniture so will wait. February comes and goes and I contact again - ohps they say they will chase. Contact me and say another 14 days being around 20th March. We wait again - no contact so I email again on 20th March, ohps sorry - we will chase again - email and phone call to say the supplier will have delivery on Monday and we will receive on Wednesday, 27th at the very latest - totally guarantee this delivery by that date. I point out its now over 14 weeks and they say sorry but will definitely be here on the 27th. Yesterday not a sausage not a call or delivery! First thing this morning I email them (9.30 am) to point out delivery hasn't happened and contact me urgently (little pi**ed off now). No contact. I ring them at 1.00 pm and ask to speak to a manager - put on hold for 23 minutes, little boy comes on phone and I ask is he a manager - his response NO - I reiterate I believe I need to speak to a manager - put on hold for another 28 minutes when a very "snotty" lady called Mimi comes on the line and says we have an impasse, she cannot resolve this and the best she can say is that she thinks it will be delivered next week, when pressed she says either Wednesday or Thursday she cannot say!

Its now nearly 15 weeks that they have had my money - I have today emailed their CEO's office and got a response at 4.45 pm saying due to the bank holiday it will take them some time to investigate. I blew my top - I have contacted Watchdog - I believe its tantamount to theft - they have had my money for over 15 weeks and I have no goods to show for it!

The Manager Mimi said she was removing my query from their system as there was nothing more they can do - so where does that leave us - I am not even sure that they are going to try and deliver it next week!

Any suggestions? So cross, I have been so patient with them as we really wanted this last bit of the furniture to finish off our lovely room :-(

Jane x

Re: Nightmare with Asda Direct

Trading Standards. Get on to them. Then send a copy to asda CEO.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi,

Thank you for your response, but with all due respect I feel this is wholly unacceptable. I have been trying to resolve this since the beginning of February having placed the order in January and paid in full. I have suggested a solution to your Customer Services Manager, MiMi at Asda Direct – I have been lead to believe that the item was ready to be dispatched and they have not been able to offer an explanation why it wasn’t delivered as promised yesterday. I have suggested that Asda Direct organise a man with a van to deliver the item to us on Saturday (I understand that Friday is a bank holiday.) I did flag this issue once again first thing this morning when there would have been time to sort out the problem but it was only when I telephoned them at 1.00 pm that I have been passed from pillar to post and have been spoken to in what I can only describe as a totally dismissive manner.

At this moment in time Asda has held my money without providing the promised goods for over 15 weeks – this is tantamount to theft in my opinion. Getting back in touch after the bank holidays is just not acceptable – I have been waiting for this and constantly having to chase your company since January, I have family arriving over Easter and I wanted my house finished!

I have contacted Watchdog and I am going to speak to them on Tuesday with regards to this “theft” by Asda. Can I please respectively suggest you speak to your customer services Manager, MiMi and organise delivery of my item (which it has now been confirmed is available for delivery) either tomorrow or Saturday at the latest.

I have been extremely patient about this appalling situation but following on from over 2 hours either on hold or being talked down to by your management team enough is enough.

Just sent this response to the CEO's office and watchdog - I have also emailed trading standards (of the CAB as it is now!).

I doubt I will hear anything from the CEO's office now till well after the holidays but at least I feel a little better.

Jane x

Comment

Just a small update - Adam - from the executive relations office of the CEO has phoned this morning. He's very sorry (not as sorry as I am) and he assures me that he will speak to all concerned on Tuesday. He started to say that there was nothing they could have done yesterday to get the item to me but I pointed out that if my husband messes a customer around he has to do anything he can including paying for out of hours transport at his own cost to ensure his obligations are fulfilled! He didn't really have an answer for that but then he wouldn't would he!

Jane x

Comment

I think they should be giving you the coffee table for free Jane. Their customer service is appalling!!
          Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hmm had many many run-ins with those jokers.....dont start me on home shopping either thats a joke too

Comment

Originally posted by philnicandamy View Post
              Hmm had many many run-ins with those jokers.....dont start me on home shopping either thats a joke too
              Do you mean that, if the table is not in stock, they might deliver a "substitute" soap box?

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                Do you mean that, if the table is not in stock, they might deliver a "substitute" soap box?

not cases wood packing ?
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Well its been a good day today this has eventually concluded; the coffee table has been delivered and its lovely and I received a call from the directorate's office (who I have to add have been great this week trying to get it sorted) to let me know they are refunding the total cost of the coffee table

One very happy lady tonight

Jane x

Comment

Brilliant news

With your luck at the moment, I hope you've bought a ticket for the Euromillions
                    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Wow Jane you are on a roll! Well done!

Comment

SUPERB news TJ well done!!

Comment

You are on a roll Jane.......brilliant
                          "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Wow Jane what a changed lady you are no stopping you now Well Done ;-)

Comment

Working...
                            X