GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Need help removing unwarranted fraud marker - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help removing unwarranted fraud marker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help removing unwarranted fraud marker

Please don't be too harsh as I had only just turned 17 when this happened and didn't know what to do or what was even happening.

I have tried to keep straight to the point and so hopefully its easy to understand.

Thank you amazing people.

In 2018, I was buying and selling Instagram accounts with high followings on eBay and people would pay through PayPal, Bank transfer or Cash.

I sold over 68 different things with no problems and had a best seller account on eBay. However, on my 69th purchase (funny number apologies), I encountered some issues with a fraudster.

The buyer wanted to pay through bank transfer and as a result of having no issues with previous buyers, I allowed the buyer to pay through bank transfer and that was that. He paid me, received the item and all was good. The following days after, my bank account was blocked for "receiving fraudulent funds" and I called up Lloyds, spoke to the guy on the phone and told him what happened and he then told me that my account was being closed for fraud. I then received a letter stating the same the following days after.

The kid had received the item, disputed the payment and received a refund for the transaction and so scammed me in other words.

I made a complaint with Lloyds, told them my story and side of things and they told me that my story "was not good enough to have the marker decision overturned" and that the complaint manager was saddened and "felt bad knowing that the decision wouldn't be overturned with the story I had" and told me to change my story over call and letter. I still have the letter to this day. I changed it and in the final response, the decision was not overturned and the main reasons were because I'd credited the currency into my savings account as soon as I received it and because I changed my story.

I took this to the FoS and it was not overturned neither.

Just now is it only ruining my life. My mental health has deteriorated as a result of this marker as I cannot get a bank account and cannot attend university as a result or even get a job as most companies expect you to have a bank in your own name and to prove that due to the Modern Slavery Act.

What can I do? I'm so stuck.

I need this marker removed, I have so much evidence to show what happened.

If anyone could help in any way that'd be great.

Thanks in advance.

E-mail webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk refer him to this thread and ask for help
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

May I also add that I called the Lloyds fraud operations commercial group and they told me that if the claim was withdrawn from the fraudster, they’d remove the marker (not possible) and then she insisted that I take everything that I have proof wise and go to a local branch with it and tell them I want the marker removed. I don’t know if this is a step I can take?

Comment

as 2 above
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I have done that, thank you very much for the help man.

Really hope we can find something that can eventually free me from this nightmare.

Comment

Originally posted by drueethy View Post
            I have done that, thank you very much for the help man.

Really hope we can find something that can eventually free me from this nightmare.

Have you managed to make any progress with this?

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

Have you managed to make any progress with this?

Di
              Hi

Yes, the indicator has been removed.

I would not trust what the site-owner says at all.

The site-owner told me it wouldn’t get removed and the total opposite happened.

Comment

Working...
              X