GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Countrywide & FOS - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Countrywide & FOS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Countrywide & FOS

Afternoon all,

Snow falling again which will make work a pain in the arse again tomorrow

Anyway, just a brief summary of my complaint to FOS regarding Countrywide and their delays costing me in the region of £2K but that perfectly acceptable according to FOS.

Cashed in endowment policy as no longer required. Delays caused by Countrywide see's the policy value plummet by approx £2k

Made a complaint to Countrywide who offered £100 approx in compensation.

Went to FOS and you can read for yourself their findings.

Just so we are clear,

• Countrywide accept that they caused delays - but only offer £100 in compensation.
    • FOS understands why I went to them with this complaint - But still ruled against us ????
    • Persuaded that it could have carried out the calculation sooner it has compensated their policyholder - NO THEY BLOODY WELL HAVEN'T AS WE REJECTED THEIR OFFER
    • Countrywide offer of £50 is a fair settlement - Is it? Their delays cost us £2K

Anyway Mike Boyall seems to be somewhat confused as surely if someone admits they caused the issues then surely they should meet us in the middle at the very least.

All comments welcome as always.

Perhaps I'm just being oversensitive as once again I'm being fucked over by another corporation.

Scrappy Coco
    Attached Files
    "I just want to make people silky-smooth!"

Re: Countrywide & FOS

Not surprised at the result, they are a waste of space in 99% cases as reported so often.

Countrywide have been complained about as HSBC use them I understand, and more complaints than ever? and Miller estate agency as I remember. Miller Countrywide (connection)?
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Sounds like a typical countrywide cock up, they always have been a bunch of muppets that survive on selling crap products though tied estate agents!!!!

I can see the problem though and all insurance companies normally only settle once they have all the paperwork though and if the market had gone up while the paperwork was processed you would have got a higher amount.

Saying that £50 does seem poor, but it will cost more than £2k to sue them.

Your man Mike from FOS sounds like a typical idiot they seem to employ, I would love to see what would happen if they had a compliant and what they would feel fair to them in their own case!!!
      Last edited by mgfboy; 20 January 2013, 15:55.

Comment

Cheers TC & mgfboy,

If the policy had gone up then it would have been happy days and no complaint would have been made, but as we all know these things never seem to go that way, hence my complaint . I get what you saying though.

FOS have advised me to send in a complaint highlighting where I think he has made mistakes, errors and taken a backhander

That is exactly what I am going to do as he seems to be a very confused young man as he seems to be under the impression that C*ntrywide have already paid me compensation.

This alone just goes to prove that they certainly do not look at complaints properly once passed on by an adjudicator.

I've got to go to into the city this week and I wonder how he would feel if I asked for him at reception? Could make for an interesting afternoon

I'm seriously considering paying a visit and asking for him and Natalie Ceeney so I can call them both

How can this woman be in charge and not be held accountable for the decisions her staff make?? Beyond belief

Anyway, once I've composed myself I will post up my complaint to FOS about his lack of understanding of anything simple etc etc.

Thanks as always

Scrappy Coco

Comment

The picture says it all

Thanks as always

Scrappy Coco
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...