GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script CLOSED - Continues in AAD+ Legal Cabot Financial (UK) Limited ( Restons Solicitors Limited ) v Digby - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CLOSED - Continues in AAD+ Legal Cabot Financial (UK) Limited ( Restons Solicitors Limited ) v Digby

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CLOSED - Continues in AAD+ Legal Cabot Financial (UK) Limited ( Restons Solicitors Limited ) v Digby

Your AAD Forum Username

Digby

Name of Claimant

Cabot Financial (UK) Limited

Name of Claimant's Solicitors

Restons Solicitors Limited

Claim Issue Date

17 February 2016

Who Signed the Claim Form?

The Solicitor Firm (i.e. Joe Blogs Solicitor)

How much is being Claimed?

Over £10,000

Have you Submitted the AoS Response?

No

If Yes, when was the AoS Submitted

-

Details of Claim

Received copy of cca from Capital One via previous dca which was deemed invalid. Restons failed to provide credit agreement, deed of assignment, notice of assignment, default notice, termination notice, statement of account due to alleged unsigned request.

Re: Cabot Financial (UK) Limited ( Restons Solicitors Limited ) v Digby - Issued 17 February 2016

Hi. Jo is aware. Please send us the claim form
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Re: Cabot Financial (UK) Limited ( Restons Solicitors Limited ) v Digby - Issued 17 February 2016

Have just emailed a copy

Comment

All the best x
        if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Digby
          Have just emailed a copy

It's arrived safely

Plan B x

Comment

Digby if this debt is on your diary could you add a link to the latest post on this thread so we can see the background.

Plan B x

Comment

Here's the history for this one:

Capital One

Type of account - Credit card
              Date commenced - 1998
              Approx balance - £10,800
              Date last paid – October 2014
              Are you on arrangement or not paying – Was making reduced payment but have now stopped
              Status – 28.8.2014 Default Notice
              Account owner – Capital One or Cougar Collections, not sure at this time.
              History – Capital One from date of agreement but may now be with Cougar Collections.

Had an automated call this morning, a google search tells me it’s from Cougar Financial Services / CFS which suggests it concerns my Capital One credit card (they are the only company from a total of 12 who haven’t accepted my DMP proposal). We’ve not received any letters from Capital One to say that they’ve passed the debt on to this collection agency but I have to assume that is what they have done. This credit card account was opened prior to 2007 and I intend to send a CCA request using your template with a £1 postal order via recorded delivery. I am wondering should I send it to Capital One or to the Collection Agency or to both? I assume we’ll be receiving a letter from them in the next few days to confirm the debt has been passed over but I’m pretty sure it’s Capital One. I can block any calls from Cougar and I’ll await a letter from them but I’m wondering how things might progress from here.
              27.10.2014 Now confirmed as passed to Cougar.
              Have today sent request for CCA using your template, recorded and tracked delivery.

12.11.2014 Copy of CCA received from Capital One
              14.11.2014 CCA uploaded
              21.11.2014 Niddy advised temporarily UE as no PTs, advised to send follow-up letter.
              5.12.2014 Letter from Capital One advising passed to Frederickson International followed by call from Fredericksons which I blocked.
              19.12.2014 Follow up letter “CCA Query Missing Prescribed Terms” sent to Fredriksons

15.4.2015 Letter from Credit Solutions saying passed to them from Capital One and requesting arrangement for payment.
              Follow up letter “CCA Query Missing Prescribed Terms” sent to Credit Solutions
              16.06.2015 Letter from Credit Solutions stating that unless I make contact the account will be referrred back to Capital One. Ignored.
              Received a letter from Credit Solutions headed 'Final Notice' and stating that 'if you fail to make contact with us your account will be referred back to our client [and] they may consider selling [it]. Once sold, you will no longer deal with Capital One Bank '.
              22.7.2015 Letter from Capital One advising no longer being managed by debt collection agency and now back with Capital One so please make payments to them etc.

14.10.2015 Letter from Cap1 saying account sold to Cabot on 24.9.2015 and all contact should now be with them

14.10.2015 Letter from Cabot inviting me to get in touch, ignored.

21.10.2015 Another letter from Cabot inviting me to get in touch, ignored.
              04.11.2015 Letter from Cabot saying they’ll continue to try to contact me. Ignored.
              12.11.2015 Sent 'missing prescribed terms' template letter to cabot
              10.12.2015 Letter from Cabot dated 02.12.2015 saying that I must contact them within 10 days to prevent legal action occurring.
              17.01.2016 Letter from Cabot stating account referred to Restons
              21.01.2016 Letter from Restons saying I must pay in full by Feb 1st or they have instruction from Cabot to issue a claim against me, client may be prepared to accept payment by instalments or a reduced settlement figure.

Comment

Re: CLOSED - Continues in AAD+ Legal Cabot Financial (UK) Limited ( Restons Solicitors Limited ) v D

Thread copied/moved to the Protected AAD+ Legal Claim Portal as requested --- > http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...-February-2016

THREAD NOW CLOSED

How to join AAD+ ---- > AAD+ Members Portal
                Last edited by Pixie; 24 February 2016, 09:55.
                Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
                X