GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script [CLOSED] - Continues in AAD+ Legal Section - Cabot vs Foxmulder - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[CLOSED] - Continues in AAD+ Legal Section - Cabot vs Foxmulder

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [CLOSED] - Continues in AAD+ Legal Section - Cabot vs Foxmulder

Received a court letter this morning from Cabot Financial. Involves a credit card from capital one,they sold the debt to numerous other firms who sold it back. Cabot are the only ones who threaten court action it seems. Ive paid nothing since at least june2010. I was pretty sure it's Unenforcable but court stuff is beyond me. Any advice is helpful, what info i can give, things i should do etc.
    meant to add the debt was £600 now £700 after court costs.

Re: Cabot vs Foxmulder

Already emailing and will speak to you shortly. Sit tight.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi and welcome to AAD. We are very successful in dealing with court claims, Niddy the forum owner has stated he will be in touch, so follow guidance you are given. Do not be afraid to ask questions, no matter how silly they may seem as they will usually have been asked before!

It will be helpful if you start to collect all the paperwork that you may have for this debt as you will need information to deal with it successfully.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

All i have is the presumed cca that cap one sent and then the begging letters from various other debt collecting companies. Cabot only started contacting me in September last year so im suprised they see something that the 4or5 other debt companies didnt. I understand there is a time limit to do things as its now the courts timescale and i dont want to get it wrong. Thanks for the replies too.

Comment

Is it worth me requesting a SAR from Capital One? I understand it takes up to 40 days so im unsure whether to or not.

Comment

You can (request SAR) but they aren't very forthcoming. However it's always handy if you've not much paperwork.

If you can email me the info you do have that'd be great, ie CCA / n1 etc
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Foxmulder View Post
              Received a court letter this morning from Cabot Financial. Involves a credit card from capital one,they sold the debt to numerous other firms who sold it back. Cabot are the only ones who threaten court action it seems. Ive paid nothing since at least june2010. I was pretty sure it's Unenforcable but court stuff is beyond me. Any advice is helpful, what info i can give, things i should do etc.
              meant to add the debt was £600 now £700 after court costs.
              I have now emailed you and referred you to our solicitor for more formal help.

Please look into subscribing AAD+ as your thread can then be hidden away from prying eyes

--> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/aad-members.php

Comment

Hi Niddy, is it possible you can move my thread to the + section please. Ive emailed Di the court papers and until I hear anything else I'm pretty much unsure what I should be doing.

I could add a brief explanation of what has happened between me and Capital one if that helps in case anyone here is or does experience the same kind of issues.

I took the card out in July 2000 everything was fine until I was made redundant in nov2008 - id never missed a payment on anything.

I used my redundancy pay to keep up with payments on all my bills up until July 2009. After speaking to CAB and pay plan i contacted and agreed monthly reduced payments with all my creditors.
                All accepted the reduced payments EXCEPT Capital One.

I kept up the reduced payments regardless for a few months, the debt started at £441 but they refused to stop any interest or charges, i sent a letter explaining the debt would just continue to increase should they refuse to accept it, id have no alternative to stop payments altogether....which is generally what happened...then the CCA request started...then the years of constant debt collection agencies that changed every year or so. Then in late 2015 Cabot started pestering and in 2016 where we are now with court letters.

Comment

Hiya

thanks - everything passed to Jo for assessment. I'll move thread later

try & relax. Back later.

Comment

Re: [CLOSED] - Continues in AAD+ Legal Section - Cabot vs Foxmulder

Thread copied/moved to the Protected AAD+ Legal Claim Portal as requested --- > http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...t-vs-Foxmulder

THREAD NOW CLOSED

How to join AAD+ ---- > AAD+ Members Portal
                    "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Working...
                    X