GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Can I have Outlook Express on 2 laptops at the same time? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I have Outlook Express on 2 laptops at the same time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I have Outlook Express on 2 laptops at the same time?

I know you'll think I'm silly but here goes. Can I set up Outlook Express on two different laptops? And if so will my emails arrive on both or only the one I switch on first (I warned you it was a silly question).

My aged Sony Vaio keeps crashing and I'm worried it'll go into a permanent coma soon. My daughter has donated me one of her left-overs (another Sony Vaio) which has Outlook Express in situ. So can I put my POP thingy reference into that, and then get my emails on both? I've already got a Blackberry getting my emails if that helps to explain things. Probably not.

I hate not understanding the concept of technology

Re: Can I have Outlook Express on 2 laptops at the same time?

Why not just remove the account from the dying one and add the correct pop settings into the laptop the daughter gave you? Easiest option.... otherwise you'll end up with some mail on one pc and other mail on other pc - whichever you refresh first, will pull those mails through yes.

Regards BB - thats normal nowadays and most email clients don't remove things from the server so if you clear your phone or pc after they've been downloaded, it will not affect the other unless you marry them (ie sync the pair)

I presume you're BT in which case just add your BT account or whatever mail client into the user details, password fields and then add the POP/SMTP as follows>

mail.btinternet.com (for both).
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks for the helpful tutorial I suppose I was thinking of covering all my options until PC No 1 is finally declared brain dead (soon). Yes my broadband is BT and I have email addresses with both tiscali and O2 so I'll do as you advise then. Synchronising my BB sounds like my next lesson. Don't rush me

Comment

See this - easy as it comes ---> How to Setup your BlackBerry to Sync with Outlook | CrackBerry.com
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

That's brilliant ! My daughter said she would do it for me only if I bought her a jumper she's seen on ASOS. She's going to hate you now

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
            That's brilliant ! My daughter said she would do it for me only if I bought her a jumper she's seen on ASOS. She's going to hate you now

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
              I hate not understanding the concept of technology
              Course you do.... think like this.

1 x Ex husband (phone)
              1 x power cable (BB lead)
              Plug the cable up hubby's arse, turn on the power and watch the bitch jump into action.

See, easy? Even PlanB can understand that - right?

Comment

Why not have you email on the internet like a google mail account that way if your pc crashes no emails lost.

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
                  Why not have you email on the internet like a google mail account that way if your pc crashes no emails lost.
                  Probably because I'm a fool and didn't know that

I use my (Outlook Exress) Inbox as my *To Do List*. Emails sit there in line each morning waiting for me to respond usually with attachments already stored on my laptop so I need to have everything 'live' and in front of me at the same time to cope with the multitasking. If I had to login to an external email provider I couldn't handle the distance (if you follow me). I need to have my email always on too so I can reply asap to stuff (there's a reason). I love getting my AAD email alerts to threads I've subscribed to in real time too. Anyway my main email address is Tiscali which is now accessed through the TalkTalk website which is crap.

I had to give my laptop CPR five times this morning so I'm paying a fortune to a man from Geeks-on-Wheels to come tomorrow and fix my problem Off to buy an external hard drive now because I have nothing backed up

I will explore what you say though, and feel free to have a good laugh at my Luddite approach to IT, most people do
                  Last edited by PlanB; 18 January 2012, 14:28. Reason: typo

Comment

Yes you can. You tick the box that says leave a copy of original message on server. I do that on my PC at home and on my tablet and phone. Only on my laptop do they delete from the server. So it doesnt matter where I am I can see my emails but still have a copy on my laptop.
                    Only problem is I have so many bloody email addresses that i have a file with email and usernames in along with passwords.
                    We all know who is to blame for that. Anyone seen a goose recently?

Comment

Working...
                    X