GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script iPhone 4S Log in problem - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

iPhone 4S Log in problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iPhone 4S Log in problem

Hi,

Can anyone suggest why I can't log in to AAD on my iPhone. I've checked username and password, case sensitivity but can't log in on it at all.

It's very bad for my health when I can log in OTR both sides, but not here.

Even worse is the thought I might end up having to go into the shps with my beloved, rather than sit in the car surfing AAD.

Any suggestions welcome.

Re: iPhone 4S Log in problem

What message/error are you getting when you try to log in?
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Works fine on iPhone matey - I use my iPhone all the time.....

If for any reason you're getting a 403 Authentication Error that's basically a 3G connection problem, ie the signal on the 3G aint enough to pull the forum through - but that is very rare.....
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Just tried again - coming up "You have entered an invalid username or password. Please press the back button etc......"

Thing is - I haven't! I've logged in here with the same username and password no problem.

Quite possible I'm being a pillock Have tried six or seven times now though, and still can't get in.

Comment

Originally posted by BBoo View Post
          Just tried again - coming up "You have entered an invalid username or password. Please press the back button etc......"

Thing is - I haven't! I've logged in here with the same username and password no problem.

Quite possible I'm being a pillock Have tried six or seven times now though, and still can't get in.
          Are you definitely using correct caps - on iPhone it only stores the first letter as a capital, i.e. Bboo.

Yours needs to read BBoo.

Try again.
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Bloody thing! Now I'm locked out for 15 minutes. Don't you dare laugh!!!!!

Comment

I'll unlock you - nuggat!

Comment

Bloody thing! Now I'm locked out for 15 minutes. Don't you dare laugh!!!!!
                Have you been using only one capital B or did you do it with both?

Comment

I think I'm going to cry.

Username: BBoo

Password going in fine. It is right cos I logged in here. WTF???????

Who'd have an iPhone. Maybe them OTR have put a virus in it!

Comment

Who'd have an iPhone. Maybe them OTR have put a virus in it!
                    donkey

Its not the hardware, it's the bloody user mate!!

What you ought to do is clear all the history and cache and then try opening the main index page (i.e. allaboutFORUMS ) and log-in from the top right links - then tick the remember me option.

It should load fine, the only other option that would be blocking this would be if your phone is set NOT to store cookies (our forum needs cookies)..... but if you say it works otr then it'll work fine here as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                      Works fine on iPhone matey - I use my iPhone all the time.....

If for any reason you're getting a 403 Authentication Error that's basically a 3G connection problem, ie the signal on the 3G aint enough to pull the forum through - but that is very rare.....
                      Actually, Niddy, could you implement a smartphone-friendly theme or install the TT application? It's free for forum owners. I'm fairly tech-savvy and can help with something like this if need be.

Smartphone browsers can display the standard web forum, of course, but TT or a good mobile skin can make it a much less fiddly experience when posting.
                      Last edited by Never-In-Doubt; 2 February 2012, 15:57. Reason: removed link

Comment

Originally posted by evilcartman View Post
                        Actually, Niddy, could you implement a smartphone-friendly theme or install the TT application? It's free for forum owners. I'm fairly tech-savvy and can help with something like this if need be.
                        No - we are not using that shyte app.

We will have an iPhone app but not yet - we have 1000 members. Not viable just now. We invest quite heavily in server thus providing lightening fast page refreshes - not iPhone apps that costs many thousands due to licencing.

I have removed the link you added

Comment

Originally posted by Flowerpower
                          Yes, *some other forum* (no names mentioned but it starts with a 'C') has a mobile version...
                          We will have proper app's - we do have one for BB's etc - but for iPhone it aint cheap as guess what, you need the licence to get it into the app store for download. I may ask Steve to build one for the cracked market - however pointless offering a mobile version which isn't as good as an actual bespoke app for OUR forum itself.

It is something we've been discussing for some months lately but the cost outweighs the demand.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                            No - we are not using that shyte app.

We will have an iPhone app but not yet - we have 1000 members. Not viable just now. We invest quite heavily in server thus providing lightening fast page refreshes - not iPhone apps that costs many thousands due to licencing.

I have removed the link you added
                            It's no sweat regarding the link. It's not like I have shares in it, it's just something that a few members on my forums have found useful.

You don't need an "app" to make a forum more iphone-friendly either - it only requires a mobile skin and a bit of javascript to detect the client.

Comment

Originally posted by evilcartman View Post
                              You don't need an "app" to make a forum more iphone-friendly either - it only requires a mobile skin and a bit of javascript to detect the client.
                              Yea we do have one mate, for BB but not for iPhone.

We don't want to make a simple mobile app, we want an iPhone app. As I say it's in hand but not at the top of our to do list - and sorry but I really hate that company - they make the forum look shitty and cheap.

I cannot promote them eeew *insert puking smiley here*

Comment

Working...
                              X