GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script iPhone 4S Log in problem - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

iPhone 4S Log in problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BBoo
    replied
    Re: iPhone 4S Log in problem

Originally posted by philnicandamy View Post
    dump the iphone then & have one of these worked wonders with me!

Much better thanks. I am pleased to announce I am typing this on my mobile.

I am also pleased to inform everyone I'm the only moderator unable to even log in. I know what I'm doing, honestly.

Leave a comment:

• pompeyfaith
    replied

Originally posted by philnicandamy View Post

When I was 2 lol

Leave a comment:

• philnicandamy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• evilcartman
    replied

Originally posted by Flowerpower
    Not that expensive, Apple licensing is just US$99/year ---> Linky

The *other forum* doesn't have an app, just a generic mobile version.

An app would be nice for us iPhone users but probably not everyone on the forum has an iPhone, maybe you want to do a poll...
    Yep, iPhone is like a Fisher-Price version of Android.

Leave a comment:

• BBoo
    replied

pm heading your way! If the log history specifies the exact error, please could you pm it to me as I'm baffled (doesn't take a lot to baffle a BBoo! :-(

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

Originally posted by BBoo View Post
    Locked out on my phone again. Giving up I think.
    you're inputting incorrect info mate - simples. You say you're not but I am telling you that you are.

The system is set-up not to behave like that unless you enter incorrect permissions, which you are doing. I can post your access log if you really want me to - try checking your username and password. Trust me here - you are inputting the incorrect details.

Leave a comment:

• BBoo
    replied

Locked out on my phone again. Giving up I think.

Leave a comment:

• BBoo
    replied

Yeah!!!!! The donkey is back!

I'll try the iPhone now. That was a long 15 minutes.

Does anyone have a cure for Muppetitus? It's a very debilitating affliction.

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

Originally posted by evilcartman View Post
    You don't need an "app" to make a forum more iphone-friendly either - it only requires a mobile skin and a bit of javascript to detect the client.
    Yea we do have one mate, for BB but not for iPhone.

We don't want to make a simple mobile app, we want an iPhone app. As I say it's in hand but not at the top of our to do list - and sorry but I really hate that company - they make the forum look shitty and cheap.

I cannot promote them eeew *insert puking smiley here*

Leave a comment:

• evilcartman
    replied

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
    No - we are not using that shyte app.

We will have an iPhone app but not yet - we have 1000 members. Not viable just now. We invest quite heavily in server thus providing lightening fast page refreshes - not iPhone apps that costs many thousands due to licencing.

I have removed the link you added
    It's no sweat regarding the link. It's not like I have shares in it, it's just something that a few members on my forums have found useful.

You don't need an "app" to make a forum more iphone-friendly either - it only requires a mobile skin and a bit of javascript to detect the client.

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

Originally posted by Flowerpower
    Yes, *some other forum* (no names mentioned but it starts with a 'C') has a mobile version...
    We will have proper app's - we do have one for BB's etc - but for iPhone it aint cheap as guess what, you need the licence to get it into the app store for download. I may ask Steve to build one for the cracked market - however pointless offering a mobile version which isn't as good as an actual bespoke app for OUR forum itself.

It is something we've been discussing for some months lately but the cost outweighs the demand.

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

Originally posted by evilcartman View Post
    Actually, Niddy, could you implement a smartphone-friendly theme or install the TT application? It's free for forum owners. I'm fairly tech-savvy and can help with something like this if need be.
    No - we are not using that shyte app.

We will have an iPhone app but not yet - we have 1000 members. Not viable just now. We invest quite heavily in server thus providing lightening fast page refreshes - not iPhone apps that costs many thousands due to licencing.

I have removed the link you added

Leave a comment:

• evilcartman
    replied

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
    Works fine on iPhone matey - I use my iPhone all the time.....

If for any reason you're getting a 403 Authentication Error that's basically a 3G connection problem, ie the signal on the 3G aint enough to pull the forum through - but that is very rare.....
    Actually, Niddy, could you implement a smartphone-friendly theme or install the TT application? It's free for forum owners. I'm fairly tech-savvy and can help with something like this if need be.

Smartphone browsers can display the standard web forum, of course, but TT or a good mobile skin can make it a much less fiddly experience when posting.
    Last edited by Never-In-Doubt; 2 February 2012, 15:57. Reason: removed link

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

Originally posted by BBoo View Post
    Who'd have an iPhone. Maybe them OTR have put a virus in it!
    donkey

Its not the hardware, it's the bloody user mate!!

What you ought to do is clear all the history and cache and then try opening the main index page (i.e. allaboutFORUMS ) and log-in from the top right links - then tick the remember me option.

It should load fine, the only other option that would be blocking this would be if your phone is set NOT to store cookies (our forum needs cookies)..... but if you say it works otr then it'll work fine here as well.

Leave a comment:

• BBoo
    replied

I think I'm going to cry.

Username: BBoo

Password going in fine. It is right cos I logged in here. WTF???????

Who'd have an iPhone. Maybe them OTR have put a virus in it!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X