GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Three one plan - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Three one plan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Three one plan

Were any of you on the Three one plan that is coming to an end. I am on it, and had unlimited data. I have no landline, and no broadband at home, so would use my phone as a modem to tether, unlimited.

Sadly this is all coming to an end, just wondered whether anyone is in the same position, and who you moved to.

Re: Three one plan

Hi Cecilia,

Although it is an unfortunate end for the tariff lets see if there is any suggestions that we can make to help move you to a suitable tariff going forward.

If you have to hand (or can obtain) recent bills that show the total data usage then we can look at options for you.

For example if your mainly a Web Browser and not doing much Streaming or Downloading - you should be able to get away with a lowish tariff.
    However if you are a Heavy user then it may be worthwhile looking at a "Smarter" option - there are plently of ways to reduce the data usage and still not miss out at all (especially if you make use of Public and Workplace wifi systems)

I Myself am with O2 and on their top Data package at 8Gb - And i've only nearly reached this once (this month in fact because of heavy data uploads)

Also to keep in mind is where you find you were using data the most - If at home then there may be better Landline & Broadband Deals - But we'll come to that bridge if and when needed

Kila :-)
    I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Life is full of Ups and Downs. Shame it just aint simple.

Comment

When I get close to my broadband usage limit (on my BT landline) I decamp to my nearest Starbucks and use their WiFi for free.

I think you can you can 'do something' to your mobile so it picks up local WiFi Hot Spots instead of using your mobile allowance. My daughter does that whenever she travels abroad.

Comment

Yes wifi enabled should in theory connect to a hotspot first before data roaming. I have unlimited data and calls and texts for 40 quid a month with EE
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by kilasuit View Post
          Hi Cecilia,

Although it is an unfortunate end for the tariff lets see if there is any suggestions that we can make to help move you to a suitable tariff going forward.

If you have to hand (or can obtain) recent bills that show the total data usage then we can look at options for you.

For example if your mainly a Web Browser and not doing much Streaming or Downloading - you should be able to get away with a lowish tariff.
          However if you are a Heavy user then it may be worthwhile looking at a "Smarter" option - there are plently of ways to reduce the data usage and still not miss out at all (especially if you make use of Public and Workplace wifi systems)

I Myself am with O2 and on their top Data package at 8Gb - And i've only nearly reached this once (this month in fact because of heavy data uploads)

Also to keep in mind is where you find you were using data the most - If at home then there may be better Landline & Broadband Deals - But we'll come to that bridge if and when needed

Kila :-)
          Hi Kila,

My plan gives me 5,000 3 to 3 minutes, 5,000 texts, 1,995 voice minutes, and all you can eat data,

I think I have now moved to what some may call a heavy user for data. Looking at last month's bill I used 23GB, which was tethering. I don't use more than 600mins a month, although 3 gives me 2000. Texts vary from 200 to 800, my current plan gives me more than this. Clearly with 3 now only giving customers 4GB for tethering, is a problem. I don't watch movies on my phone, but use the phone as a Modem, and watch stuff on my tablet and Laptop.
          Last edited by cecilia; 6 January 2015, 12:56.

Comment

I used my phone for tethering with 3 but after the first month calls kept dropping which was very frustrating. I'm not sure if it was coincidence or not. 3 customer service is awful too!

I've now moved back to Virgin for both my broadband and mobile because you don't need to have a landline for the broadband and a lot of the others were ruled out because I don't have a BT line to the house.
            Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks Pixie,

I went to a Virgin shop last week, and they can't set up Broadband in my area, something to do with the wiring, but may do in the future. There is Virgin on a neighbouring road, but not where I am, sadly.

Comment

@ Cecilia - The only thing i can add is if ADSL (broadband over conventional telephony) and cable broadband isn't an option, have you considered satellite broadband?

@ PlanB - May be worth having a shop around for broadband as lots of providers offer no caps.

Cheers
                SA
                When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

Comment

Hi Cecilia,

I have looked into this and am awaiting a confirmation from a representative on this but it looks like Vodafone currently do a Sim-Only Deal that allows tethering with 20Gb Data for £30 a month which includes 12 months of either Spotify SkySports Mobile or NowTV - Basicially ofsetting the monthly cost by £9.99

Also please note if you were to go down the Vodafone route that via Topcashback you would be able to get £63 back on the "purchase"

Links are as follows

http://www.vodafone.co.uk/shop/pay-m...eals/index.htm
                  http://www.topcashback.co.uk/vodafone_-_personal/

Let me know if the above helps you at all or if you wish to look into Traditional Broadband then we can look into that too :-)

kila
                  I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Life is full of Ups and Downs. Shame it just aint simple.

Comment

Working...
                  X