GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Great spec Tablet - cheap for what it can do! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great spec Tablet - cheap for what it can do!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great spec Tablet - cheap for what it can do!

Hi all,

I have just been to get my ex what can only be described as an absolute steal if a tablet from tesco after picking one up myself yesterday ;-)

See the thread on HUKD http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/tesc...-tesco-2097683

For what you get for the £59 tablet price i'll break it down into actual cost
    • Tablet - essentially free
    • Windows 8.1 - also essentially free
    • Office 365 personal (allows install of office programs on 1 desktop/laptop and 1 tablet - includes Word Excel Outlook Publisher Access Onenote & PowerPoint which would be £59.99 on its own)
    • With the 365 personal you also get 1Tb of OneDrive storage - you can install the OneDrive App and set to auto backup photo which will give you an additional 15Gb ( and you get 15Gb free just for having a hotmail/outlook email address)
      - this alone could be a £15 a month saving
    • You also get access to all of the Online versions of the Office package so if you created a new email and shared this with the family you could make use of all of the above on multiple devices - especially the Photo backup

There is only really 1 down side

The office 365 is based on a years prepaid subscription and this is set to Auto-renew by default - changing that doesn't affect any of the above that i can tell so far and i'm waiting for clarification on what will happen to the 1tb storage after the year has passed.

But as a functional web browsing tablet its exceptionally clear and easy to use.

Best present to myself so far :-)

Hopefully this will help some people out

Yes typed from my new tablet :-)
    I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Life is full of Ups and Downs. Shame it just aint simple.

Re: Great spec Tablet - cheap for what it can do!

Oooh I could be interested in one of those.

Have you discovered what happens to the Office 365 thing (and how much) after the end of Year 1 ?
    Last edited by PlanB; 30 December 2014, 10:00. Reason: typo

Comment

Hi Plan B - after year 1 it would be £59.99 however there is the other question of how this would fit in with other Microsoft Services - Like Office 365 Home and i'm hoping to get further clarification on his soon

Looking at it there seems to be a good method of working around the possible issues

Default OneDrive storage is set at 15Gb
      If you get the OneDrive app for your phone and enable the camera upload feature you get another 15Gb storage
      After that once you have added the Office 365 Personal Subscription you get the 1Tb storage added

Once the Office 365 Personal subscription runs out if you've done the above you would still have 30Gb Storage available and could purchase 100gb for £1.99 a month
      You can also get a 0.5Gb referral addition bonus for each person that signs up via a custom link upto a max of an additional 5GB
      https://onedrive.live.com/?invref=3f...dc0c&invsrc=90 <--- Mine btw

However you could always sign up with multiple accounts for OneDrive and move things between them all before the end of the year - Though I didnt suggest that ok
      I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Comment

Also - The Tablet has gone up to £99 so isnt as good a deal - though was in Sainsburys and theres a similar one for £89 (slightly bigger and has more in built storage) but is essentially the same as the one I had posted.

I would be very surprised if this wasnt the beginning of Microsoft trying to aggressively win people away from Android or iOS systems and that similar or better deals dont become the norm.

Comment

Originally posted by kilasuit View Post
          Hi Plan B - after year 1 it would be £59.99 however there is the other question of how this would fit in with other Microsoft Services - Like Office 365 Home and i'm hoping to get further clarification on his soon

Looking at it there seems to be a good method of working around the possible issues

Default OneDrive storage is set at 15Gb
          If you get the OneDrive app for your phone and enable the camera upload feature you get another 15Gb storage
          After that once you have added the Office 365 Personal Subscription you get the 1Tb storage added

Once the Office 365 Personal subscription runs out if you've done the above you would still have 30Gb Storage available and could purchase 100gb for £1.99 a month
          You can also get a 0.5Gb referral addition bonus for each person that signs up via a custom link upto a max of an additional 5GB
          https://onedrive.live.com/?invref=3f...dc0c&invsrc=90 <--- Mine btw

However you could always sign up with multiple accounts for OneDrive and move things between them all before the end of the year - Though I didnt suggest that ok
          Im looking forward to the dialogue when planB attempts the above
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
            Im looking forward to the dialogue when planB attempts the above
            If I think would be more likely than when

Comment

Working...
            X