GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script CCJ Removal - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CCJ Removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCJ Removal

Going back to 2008 my local Water Company decided that I was being undercharged and decided to increase the yearly amount I paid, this I disputed however was told they were within their right to do this due to changes since the buy out of the previous Water Company.

This year due to my position at the time they gained a CCJ against me for non payment of advanced water charges for the year.

I next receive a letter saying that Water Company have been overcharging me since 2008

To date they will remove the CCJ, credit the amount owed + costs incurred in gaining the CCJ....But what about damage to credit reputation?

Any views? or should I be happy with what I have got??

Re: CCJ Removal

Bare minimum 8% interest on any money overcharged and the costs from the time they started overcharging you. I would also be asking for compensation, though all they are required to do, I believe, is put you back in the position you would have been had they not made this mistake.

If you are able to prove damage has occurred -eg- you've been turned down for credit because of this, then you should definitely go for compensation as I'd be surprised if they contested it.

Comment

Working...
    X