GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script LighterLife - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LighterLife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LighterLife

Ok the pounds have piled on over the past year and it is now time to get this big butt in gear and shed a few pounds. So to start with I am cutting out the booze for the next couple of weeks, and getting my head down to some healthy eating and a bit of exercise - but... I have rubbish will power...

Anyhoooo i have noticed on TV lots of adverts for LightLife and just wondered if anyone had done their programme? If they had what the results were? Was it easy to follow? Did you get bored with it? What are the costs involved??

Thanks
    LL

Re: LighterLife

Loo Lighter life was cra!p-- its hard to follow its shakes-- your hungry your crabby from just drinking these stupid tasting shakes lol...

Have you tried WW or Slimming world?

Comment

Really - thanks - I think I might try SW again as I got on quite well with that.

I just need the will power..........

xx

Comment

Ill do it with you!

Comment

i don't fancy the idea of the diets with shakes...i need proper food or i'll feel like crap and be very crabby! i need to get back onto the WW route (can't afford the classes anymore but i've got the books etc) i've had a month off, time to behave again

need to drag the cross trainer out of the corner and dust it down!

Comment

Well its a deal Jen - lets all be there to support each other?

Confuzzed you lost loads on WW didn't you?

Comment

i lost a stone and a half but it was slow going. it sounds like SW works faster but it just depends what suits you.

i need some new trousers but i'm going to hold off buying them until i fit in the next size down

Comment

Can I join you too ladies.....I need to lose some weight and I like to do SW - got all the books etc, just need encouragement.

Comment

Yes let's start our diet club. Why don't we say how much we want to lose? And thenpick a day to weigh in. We can then share tips etc??

Comment

I think the trouble with some of these programmes that rely on food substitution is that as soon as you finish, the old habits return. Can I recommend a good book? I've just finished reading this and will put it into action next week... (as soon as I've finished the chocolate stash lol).
                    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Turn-Back-Your- ... 0600617173
                    Lots of really helpful advice in there on eating healthily and incorporating exercise into an initial 8 week programme. I know people who've used it and found it really good.
                    Niddified and proud!

Fought and won the UE battle, thanks to Niddy and this forum...
                    SB since 2016. Now have my life back!

(I used to be MustGetStraight but I've lost a "t")

Comment

Thanks MGS - I will have a look at that. I have just started a "Diet Club" Thread

x

Comment

Originally posted by Sunnylooloo
                        Thanks MGS - I will have a look at that. I have just started a "Diet Club" Thread

x
                        Ooh I shall work out my start date and join in!
                        Niddified and proud!

Fought and won the UE battle, thanks to Niddy and this forum...
                        SB since 2016. Now have my life back!

(I used to be MustGetStraight but I've lost a "t")

Comment

MGS - Thanks for the book suggestion. I looked it up on the Lancashire library website to reserve it - but it was in stock at my local library. It's now here with me - and looks very interesting.

After my disastrous start to the new year, I'm trying to change my whole way of thinking and this looks like just the thing to get it going!
                          Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi

I went on the Cambridge diet which is the same as LighterLife but half the cost. It is meal replacement ie breakfast: porridge, lunch: soup and evening meal milkshake (or I used to add mix a mousse and it tuns into a mousse). So out of the three meals you are actually eating ie breakfast and evening.

I started on the lowest calarorie intake which means no normal food at all but I didnt feel hungry as you also need to drink at least 2 ltrs of water a day so this fills you up. I never used to drink water and thought I would find drinking so much hard but not at all and I felt better for it. This diet does have various steps so you can have two meal replacements then an evening meal to fit around you.

The first couple of days is fairly hard and you do need will power but once over the first days, it gets easier. I was on it for approx 12 weeks and lost just under three stone.

The cost is £35 per week and you meet with a consultant, mine came to my house every two weeks and brought my meals but not all do home visits.

Good luck whatever you decide
                            I'm an official AAD Researcher and also a volunteer, but I don't manage the day to day running of the forum. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here.

Comment

The trouble with me i have NO will power and if this week after being good I have lost nothing I kind of lose heart which was why I was thinking of lightlife or something similar.

Wow an amazing amount of weight to lose - that is bloody brilliant. Did you exercise as well - again my downfall i do bugger all.

At least I have started on a healthy start and will see how i go and if not will have a think what to do next.

Hmmm fat sucked out sounds like a good idea......

Comment

Working...
                              X