GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Gym Membership cancellation? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gym Membership cancellation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gym Membership cancellation?

A friend of mine went to her local curves gym yesterday and it was a pretty hard sell, she had to basically sign up there and then it was a lot of pressure (we know how gyms can be)

However, Today she has seen that this wasn't a wise choice very high membership for very shotty service.. .(she didn't see the place until she went back today as when she signed up it was a grand opening blah blah)

Now, I told her gyms don't have a cooling off period... Is this correct shes locked in?

Re: Gym Membership cancellation?

She hasn't used the membership as of yet her orientation is monday lol

Reading a few threads OTR I would hazard she is locked in... but I don't know enough about UK law

Comment

Answer --> Cancelling a gym membership
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Interesting read, she has just scanned me the document in small print it says she can cancel within 3 days in writing.. So I told her to get her arse there!

Comment

lol gyms are a nightmare to cancel, there was a story of this lady who had signed up, 6 months in to it, she found out she had cancer and would need serious chemo treatment, which ment, she would not be up for the gym anymore.

The gym would not cancel her membership, she had to pay the following 6 months of charges upfront before they would cancel it.

Thats why i refuse to go to ANY gym which makes you sign a direct debit. I just will not do it.

I found a nice community centre, where pensioners go for their tea and a get together, has a baby group and bar also, but mainly they have a state of the art gym, and sauna, which is all i need really.

£4.50 per visit, or pay £32 a month, your choice, but you pay in cash on the day, they dont make you sign anything except £10 when you first join and get your membership card.

They dont even charge renewal each year.
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Besides, gym owners are living off the fat of the land.

Comment

Working...
            X