GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script HM Customs payable order cheque/What for?? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HM Customs payable order cheque/What for??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HM Customs payable order cheque/What for??

This morning my hubby received a cheque from HMRC Invoice Processing Centre in Worthing.

We are not sure what its for, it just says account number, document number and amount of £35.

It couldnt be work related because it would show his Nat ins number.

Any ideas folks, think he may try ringing them.

Thank you.

Re: HM Customs payable order cheque/What for??

Pity it didn't have an extra 0 or two at the end of the amount
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
      Pity it didn't have an extra 0 or two at the end of the amount
      LOL now that would have been nice lol
      lol

The thing is I know he been dealing with something, but its to do with uniform tax but absolutely no details of what its in aide of, if uniform it would have his nat ins number.

I am wondering if a list of been sent to the processing payments centre, coming down the list they printed them off but he has someone elses and they have his? just a thought really hmmm

Comment

No idea, my advice? cash it and forget about it. lol
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Could very well be uniform tax rebate due to the small amount that's my guess!

Comment

You can only claim about £60 relief on dry cleaning / uniform / shoes whatever so it's probably that. When I got my last rebate for cleaning it was just a cheque nothing else.....
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
              You can only claim about £60 relief on dry cleaning / uniform / shoes whatever so it's probably that. When I got my last rebate for cleaning it was just a cheque nothing else.....
              Cheers Niddy and everyone else.

He did have some uniform rebate and cheque refund a few months ago, and when they did send the cheque they did have his national insurance number on the letter, he wrote further because they missed a year something like that(on backdating). They also highered his tax code earlier this year.

This cheque/letter says document/product number which confused us.....and absolutely no details of anything else not nat ins number....

Comment

Di, bank it & shhhhhhh
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                  Di, bank it & shhhhhhh

Hmmm yeah ok then lol!!
                  lol

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                  X