GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script P800 Tax Calculation help - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

P800 Tax Calculation help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: P800 Tax Calculation help

Hopefully she will receive it in the post any day now

Comment

.......Ju said her post been but nothing today, do you think it's worth her ringing them?

Comment

The phone monkey at HMRC wont know anything, it will come, just be a few days, dont worry.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I was thinking as well, isnt there a timescale of what you can request in a refund of overpayments?

Or wouldn't this apply to Ju because they raised it and held it back because of the 2010-11 underpayment?

(She wouldnt of known about the overpayment if it wasnt for HMRC sending her to P800 tax calculation last November).

Thank you.

I think she mentioned about ringing them because she noted the cheque/letter sent out to her was dated 12 June that said the calculation letter is sent separately, although it wasnt a few days ago til she received it, and just curious in case its lost in the post, as she said her post is not all that good.
          Last edited by di30; 21 June 2013, 16:33. Reason: Posted further info.

Comment

The cheque may be dated 12th june, but they wouldnt have posted it that quickly, could have sat on someones desk for a few days.

A few days after the cheque ariving isnt long enough to be concerned about, they do come seperately, usually from a few days to a week after the cheque.

There are timescales HMRC have to notice mistakes and correct them yes, and no doubt timescales for tax payers to make a claim (not sure without checking) but since HMRC have already raised this issue, and Ju has sucessfully defended the claim, they can hardly then refuse it being repaid.
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
              The cheque may be dated 12th june, but they wouldnt have posted it that quickly, could have sat on someones desk for a few days.

A few days after the cheque ariving isnt long enough to be concerned about, they do come seperately, usually from a few days to a week after the cheque.

There are timescales HMRC have to notice mistakes and correct them yes, and no doubt timescales for tax payers to make a claim (not sure without checking) but since HMRC have already raised this issue, and Ju has sucessfully defended the claim, they can hardly then refuse it being repaid.
              Cheers SXGuy

Yes I agree that it was probably sitting with them for a few days after it was dated.

Comment

Heard from Ju, she said she taken the plunge and decided to call HM customs today, because lots of her post seems to be mislaid.

She was told she should have received the calculation letter by now because it was posted out early last week (she never told me of a date).So another copy is being sent out.

Anyway, she asked the adviser on the phone who said the payment Ju had received was the payment put together for all years involved.

Ju said but she doesnt understand how it's about £170 less than what she would have been owed as shown on tax year 2008-09 of £449 odd of what she actually overpaid. and on the detached part of the cheque letter is says tax calculation for 2010-11 year but nothing about 2008-09.

The adviser said no more, but Ju will just have to wait for the tax calculation letter to come through now.

Comment

I guess all we can do is wait for the calculation and see whats happend.

If she doesnt receive it by end of this week, tell her to ring HMRC next monday and demand its faxed through.

Comment

Just a thought.

Do you think it's worth her calling into our local town's tax office?

Whether or not they will be able to help I'm unsure, or maybe a print out of the calculations, her post is bad at the best of times, she said even her letter of cheque she received last week was posted by a non post man so that must have gone elsewhere in the beginning, and she can't rely on them forever posting her letters.

Just a suggestion I thought really. Thanks

Comment

unless her local town office is the PAYE department in cardiff i cant see them helping they may be able to ring the correct people and ask to fax a copy over though, maybe ring them first before going down?

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
                        unless her local town office is the PAYE department in cardiff i cant see them helping they may be able to ring the correct people and ask to fax a copy over though, maybe ring them first before going down?

Will let her know thanks Will be glad when all this is resolved for her lol. Cheers.

Comment

Came across this, can Ju register to track down her reply etc/ just wondered if she would be eligible for this or not? Thanks.

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/tools/progress-tool/index.htm#3

If so she could do it from my home, as she is not connected back to the net yet.
                          Last edited by di30; 27 June 2013, 13:25.

Comment

I rang Ju just to check, she said her post been but no calculation letter as yet, so if nothing by Monday she will do what you suggested SXGuy, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                              Came across this, can Ju register to track down her reply etc/ just wondered if she would be eligible for this or not? Thanks.

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/tools/progress-tool/index.htm#3

If so she could do it from my home, as she is not connected back to the net yet.
                              haha had never heard of this before, can give it a go! you never know!

Comment

Lol,. she may be popping over later, so will see if she interested in registering, although it may not cover her area, no harm in trying though.

Cheers.

Comment

Working...
                                X