GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script P800 Tax Calculation help - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

P800 Tax Calculation help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: P800 Tax Calculation help

Give them a call, find out whats happening, but the most they will prob tell you, is how long they think it will take.

About the only thing they ever seem to know is how long the backlog is lol.

5 and 12 weeks sound a lot, but it isnt, they can take months, but always best to ring and ask incase its gone missing.

I say that because, i notice more and more agent authorisation forms are being lost by HMRC every week, on to my 6th for one client now.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thank you.

It was early Jan they received her form (signed for delivery), and I think it's down to a backlog myself as that is really not that long on working it out.
      I know she had wrote to them before send off that form she completed and she did hear within a little time, but on this one I personally dont think she will hear now until they've looked into it.

Will tell her to ring them though and maybe ask for an update, cheers.

Comment

Sorry not posted on this thread for a little time.

Spoken to "J" last night and she said she contacted HMRC about 3 weeks or so ago and they said they were then dealing with the matter, but no incline on what is happening yet. She did ask when she should hear, but they just said anytime as they did not go into detail of anything.

So not sure if you would know once they are said to be dealing with it on how long roughly she should hear a result?

Or will this depend on the employers as well, on how long they take?

Cheers.

Comment

Di its not possible for me to guess how long it takes. They will no doubt contact her employer, who will work to his own timescale.
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

All I can say is a 5 week response time wasromised in November.......and still waiting!

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
              All I can say is a 5 week response time wasromised in November.......and still waiting!

Thanks both, sounds like a huge backlog then.

She said she would let me know when she hears anything further, shall keep you posted.

Comment

Heard from "J" she said the code of 881 that was given early this year is not shown on her payslip, and that of 0944L is being used.

So that means the HMRC not deducting it yet then?
                Or maybe "just maybe" they have sorted it but she not heard yet"??

Comment

It should be on the first payslip dated on or after 6 April.

Comment

No it can mean a number of things.

When 881 was given to her early this year, it would have been in the form of a tax coding notice given to her employer, this notice would state the year to which it relates to. If it said up to 5th April 13, then she would be taxed on that code to that date.

HMRC should then have sent a further tax coding notice relating to the new year, stating her new tax code up to 5th April 14.

If an employer does not receive this, he must put his employee on full allowances i.e 944L until a tax coding notice is issued.

Or

Her employer is a dimwit and has received a tax coding notice but failed to use it.

Either way, she should ask, if they have recieved a tax coding notice for this year yet or not, and if yes, is she on the right coding.

If they say no, then she does nothing until HMRC contact them with a new tax code.

either way, 881 stops on last payslip before 5th April, and 944L or any other code issued starts on or after 6th April.
                    Last edited by SXGuy; 11 April 2013, 09:45.

Comment

Oh right ok thanks, will let her know.

I posted up the code notice on post number 119, so she should have had another from there then?

Comment

Oh hang on Di

Just looked at it, yes its a coding notice for this year, not the last

So her tax code IS wrong.

It should be 881 not 944

Get her to shove it in her employers face with the payslip.

Techincally an employer can only act if they receive a letter direct from HMRC, but i cant see why they wouldnt have got one if she did.

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
                          Oh hang on Di

Just looked at it, yes its a coding notice for this year, not the last

So her tax code IS wrong.

It should be 881 not 944

Get her to shove it in her employers face with the payslip.

Techincally an employer can only act if they receive a letter direct from HMRC, but i cant see why they wouldnt have got one if she did.

Okey dokie, thank you

They sound useless to me her employer, she said they always mess up, and she found out the same thing's happened with others as well who started the job the same time as her, so that tell's me it is down to them and not the HMRC.

Comment

I agree. I have problems where the employer fails to send me information relating to employees on time and as a result errors happen which need correcting.

If they use an agent like me, mistakes can happen for that reason, but ultimately its down to her employer to provide the info on time. So its still them that are useless.

Comment

Yep the fact they didnt do the right thing at the start and now not using the code, just proves really in my opinion it's down to her employer.

Not heard from her since, but I do know she was to take a copy of her coding notice in to her employer and bring this up, because the longer they leave to use it, then when they finally use it they will only have to deduct before.

Comment

yep, the extra tax would be split over a shorter period if they wait too long, so it needs sorting sooner rather than later.

Comment

Working...
                                X