GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script P800 Tax Calculation help - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

P800 Tax Calculation help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: P800 Tax Calculation help

That company she works for are useless, but told her they will start to apply the code for this week in this weeks pay for last week, damn useless they are.

This goes to show that we do think it's the employer, apparentely a guy started with her in January, so that was 3 months or so ago, and he received a new coding notice from the tax office recently but it said they will let the employer know (but it was his last employer name/details), so he contacted the tax office and the tax office told him that they have had no details at all about him starting with this job where my friend works in January, yet he confirmed he handed in his P45 from his last employer as well!!!!

Well in your opinion what does that say??? hmmm well yes damn employer!!

Comment

hmm naughty lol

Well if his p45 is dated january, then he will no doubt get a new coding as his payments up to april are probably wrong.

When the company file the P14's for last year, (by may 19th) then HMRC will know he works for them, so that will be sorted either way.

P45 wont count towards this year now, only up to 5th April, so they will continue to code him the normal way until they get told any different.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
        hmm naughty lol

Well if his p45 is dated january, then he will no doubt get a new coding as his payments up to april are probably wrong.

When the company file the P14's for last year, (by may 19th) then HMRC will know he works for them, so that will be sorted either way.

P45 wont count towards this year now, only up to 5th April, so they will continue to code him the normal way until they get told any different.
        LOl yep very naughty I think!

Comment

Right a bit of an update.

Ju said she contacted tax office a few weeks ago and was told they were on to it (not that it means they were dealing with it though I don't think), well anyway, she said she contacted them after work today and they said they sent forms in the post months ago, but she said she not received any forms, only the new tax coding notice and the letter(Details) posted on here back in December. And that she send details back in the post, but the guy she spoke to, said all he could see on the system was that they sent forms in the post and will not send more as they not received them back from her.

So she is not sure what forms they meant, so any ideas please?
          Cheers.

Comment

This is the level of stupidity i have to deal with on a daily basis Di.

He cant tell her what forms were sent, and wont send any more because the first havent been sent back? does that make sense to you?

I have no idea what forms they have sent her, if he had gave her an indication or even the form number code i could have sent you blank ones myself, but other than that i have no clue.

Best thing to do is ask her to ring back and speak to someone else, expain they never came, and needs sending again, if they refuse, ask them which forms were sent, and then ill sort it for her, if they cant even tell her that, ask to speak to his superior.
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
              This is the level of stupidity i have to deal with on a daily basis Di.

He cant tell her what forms were sent, and wont send any more because the first havent been sent back? does that make sense to you?

I have no idea what forms they have sent her, if he had gave her an indication or even the form number code i could have sent you blank ones myself, but other than that i have no clue.

Best thing to do is ask her to ring back and speak to someone else, expain they never came, and needs sending again, if they refuse, ask them which forms were sent, and then ill sort it for her, if they cant even tell her that, ask to speak to his superior.
              Hi and thanks, sorry I got that wrong, that was meant to be that they will "now" and not "not" send further forms, my slip up.
              She said she could not understand him, but intends to give another ring, because the one she sent back was the one to say she didnt agree or something like that, think I posted a copy on here somewhere back in December time.

Comment

ah yeah maybe he got confused with that form.

Comment

She rang and this time told they were literally dealing with the matter (so they must have the information), she mentioned the forms, but the lady was not sure what forms she was on about because she said they already have the information she sent.

So I also think it was that one mentioned above post, what we said about.
                  She said the lady she spoke to asked for her phone number in case they need to ring her for any further info (so it does look like they are literally dealing with it do you think)?

Comment

Sounds like they are. So just sit and wait is all she can do now really.

Comment

She said when she was talking to the lady on the phone, that the lady did said they were contacting employer about P46, and mentioned something about signature, so "J" said yes it looks like they didnt bother using the P45 that they said they sent straight away, and they automatically submitted the P46 that she was not even aware of, nor did she sign anything, because the first time she was aware of it was th HMRC letter stating the P46.
                      The lady had said, they do not normally do that without the signature from the employee.

So maybe it's what you said earlier in this thread then...

Comment

yep! my argument is something HMRC wont be able to disagree with, a P46 can only be used if a P45 is not present, secondly, the employee has to sign it to declare the info is correct.

HMRC dont see the signature, but they assume there is one when they receive the information.

So with the proof the employer got a P45, and the proof that no signature is on a P46, it will be hard for them or HMRC to deny that the fault lies with the employer
                        Last edited by SXGuy; 18 April 2013, 21:25.

Comment

I see what you mean

Spoken to her again today, but up to now they not called her, so hopefully they have all the information they need.

Will keep you updated, thanks again.

Comment

Spoke to J today, she not heard anything as yet since she spoken on phone to lady last week who said they are on to it, but I did say they have yet to contact the employers and they may take some time getting back to tax office.

Comment

Loads of factors which could make it take longer than expected.

End of year P35's are being submitted as we speak, have until 19th May, so PAYE offices are probably over run with this at the moment.

Like you say, employer could take a while to get back to them.

Then most of the staff at HMRC do a 3 day week, so you mostly find when you ring back they aint in until the following week.

Not sure if this has any impact on PAYE but i do know that they have closed ALL Self Assessment offices and merged with just Cardiff this year, so less staff, more work is probably the senario.

Comment

Some sort of update from "J" she received a letter in the post today from HM Revenue & Customs, left it with me, she asked if I could post this up and asked if you know what this actually meant please? Thanks.

Dear

Thank you for your phone call on 18 April 2013.

I am sorry but we cannot reply to your enquiry straight away. This is because I have forwarded your enquiry to our Employer Error Team at Walsall.

When we have finished dealing with it, we will write to you again to give you a full reply.

Yours sincerely
                                Customer Adviser.

Comment

Working...
                                X