GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script P800 Tax Calculation help - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

P800 Tax Calculation help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: P800 Tax Calculation help

LOL

She got a sorta answer when she rang though didnt she? i think you said they said their dealing with it.

Letter is probably just some jobs worth fowarding on a template letter in response to the phone call.

Either way seems that they are dealing with it.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

LOL yes that's right, I think she was wondering about the Employer Error Team, is that who ends up dealing with these cases?
      She thought there must have been an error somewhere for it to be forwarded to that particular team, what though I'm not sure what she meant really lol.

Comment

No idea where it goes Di tbh, it prob passes the tea making team, ran out of biscuits team and then on to the its friday at 3pm lets go home early team before getting anywhere near the person it needs to be with lol
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
          No idea where it goes Di tbh, it prob passes the tea making team, ran out of biscuits team and then on to the its friday at 3pm lets go home early team before getting anywhere near the person it needs to be with lol
          LOL, that gave me a right giggle!!

Comment

Spoke to her quickly earlier, she said her payslip shows it back to norm again, not the one the HMRC sent her earlier in the year to collect payments .
            Told her to speak to her employer again, I think she said they did start using it when she went to speak to them a few weeks ago, (when they forgot to use it that week)......odd company lol!

Comment

Oh for god sake! how can they change it then go back to the normal one! the code is logged in the payroll software, it gets carried over to the new period.

The only thing i can assume is, they ran a payroll week/month end BEFORE they updated the code and re issued the payslip.

That company needs serious spanking.

Comment

Oh for god sake! how can they change it then go back to the normal one! the code is logged in the payroll software, it gets carried over to the new period.

The only thing i can assume is, they ran a payroll week/month end BEFORE they updated the code and re issued the payslip.

That company needs serious spanking.
                I know, they are useless!!!
                I told her to contact HMRC as well, but assume they will eventually gather it's all down to the employer - mistakes all the time.

Comment

Got to speak to J on the weekend, and asked if any updates, nope not yet.
                  So I assume it must still be with the Employer Error Team whoever they are.

Comment

J had letter in the posted this morning dated 23 May 2013, so posted last Thursday then, and it just says that they are sorry for the delay, but they have reviewed her records and can see there are on-going enquiries with the employer regarding unsufficient tax deductions 2010-11.
                    And that they will contact her as soon as possible to let her know what has been decided and explain what this means for her.

Comment

Thats good then, at least its an acknowledgement they are still dealing with it.

Comment

Hopefully she won't be waiting much longer now, so another step forward.
                        Is she able to bring this matter up directly with them to give them a nudge? lol!

I said no point really because it should only be a matter of time (i think) lol!

Comment

The Employer? i wouldnt, could create some bad feelings.

if HMRC has handled it right they will have spoke to the employer and just said we believe you may be liable for incorrect deductions, please provide x, y and z.

Doubt they would tell them your friend actually initiated it.

Comment

The Employer? i wouldnt, could create some bad feelings.

if HMRC has handled it right they will have spoke to the employer and just said we believe you may be liable for incorrect deductions, please provide x, y and z.

Doubt they would tell them your friend actually initiated it.

LOL, oh yes that's true, better just let them get on with it, not the right way around it lol.

Comment

Still no news update if this is done or not!

Spoke to Ju yesterday and she wondered if it was the employer payroll dept holding it out.

She tried ringing HM the last 2 days and all the way to 8pm she said she could not get through, as she said they take you through all the way on the phone, to be told by automated message to try again later, which she did do persistantly but to no avail.

So, overall its been almost 9 months at the moment and still ongoing, we worked it out, but from start of January they received her details for them to reconsider.

She wanted to know is there a timescale the HM customs give the employer please? thanks.

Comment

HMRC will usually give the employer a deadline to meet to provide the info they need.

You can ask for an extension, but its usually no more than a few weeks, and they would not stand for continued requests to try and evaide the situation.

Its hard to say whats happening without your mate being able to speak to someone at hrmc, they may have the info and are dealing with it, or they may be waiting for it from the payrol department.

Best time to ring HMRC would be first thing Monday morning when they open (not sure if they are open Saturdays)

Comment

Working...
                                X