GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script P800 Tax Calculation help - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

P800 Tax Calculation help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: P800 Tax Calculation help

I did ring Ju, but she said not even a postman seen yet, unless she had nothing today.
    She will wait a little longer today in case post is late, think she nights this week, so she should have time to contact them later if nothing received by then.

Comment

She got no post today, but said she will leave it until tomorrow now.

Comment

Ju is nights but rang me just now to say she heard the postman, but it wasnt any calculation letter, considering they said last week they were to send the copy out, due to not received the original, that is odd, as she can't do anything without knowing the breakdown etc....

She still believes she is about £170 down if that original cheque she received was £270 which does not add up to the original overpayment.

Think she did say she will try contacting them.

Comment

She will have to ring them and ask them to send her a new copy, if she gets a really nice person they will fax it to her.
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
            She will have to ring them and ask them to send her a new copy, if she gets a really nice person they will fax it to her.

Thanks SXGuy

I don't think she has the facilities for faxing, and mine's not set up either, so maybe the local tax office perhaps, as she not gone in there yet?

Comment

She can do Di, failing that, if you want to PM me i can give you my work fax number and ill scan it and email you back.

HMRC will ask her, are you the sole person who has access to the fax machine (for security purposes) just tell her to say yes.

Work fax is on 24/7 and its only me who has access so im quite happy to do this for you/her.
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

She can do Di, failing that, if you want to PM me i can give you my work fax number and ill scan it and email you back.

HMRC will ask her, are you the sole person who has access to the fax machine (for security purposes) just tell her to say yes.

Work fax is on 24/7 and its only me who has access so im quite happy to do this for you/her.

Aww thank you SXGuy
                I shall let her know and check again tomorrow in case she got through since I last spoke to her.
                I appreciate it and I know she will too, that is fab thank you so much.
                Will get back to you tomorrow, and let you know if no joy, much appreciated thank you so much.

Comment

Not heard from Ju up to know, but she is working nights this week, I'm sure she will contact me if any news.

Comment

Hiya

Ju contacted Tax office late yesterday, and they said she should have had the calculation letter by now but another one being done "manual" to be with her in next day or 2, she said she dont mind waiting until then but will be happy with your suggestion otherwise SXGuy as she will not have time to deal with it until the weekend anyway due to working nights this week.

She said the guy she spoke to, said the amount of £270 was the remaining part of what was owed to her coming off the £449 08-09 tax year because she underpaid on tax 2010-2011, despite the fact that its employers fault, so really dont know what's happened there .

I think in total the amount owed to tax was around £698, and they were going to use the overpayment £449 to bring it down and of course the remaining from the wages etc....

But if its down to the employer error/mistake the full amount shouldn be clawed back from them, so goodness knows on why they deducted part of her overpayment towards it then.

Comment

Its all confusing, if there was an overpayment balance left, then why are/were they deducting extra tax from her tax code this year?

It seems like left don't know what right is doing.

Comment

Its all confusing, if there was an overpayment balance left, then why are/were they deducting extra tax from her tax code this year?

It seems like left don't know what right is doing.
                        It is all so confusing isnt it just! I know she had a time when the extra wasnt deducted from her wages, not sure what happened about that after actually.

But the point is, if the overpayment is down to the employer error/mistake, all tax underpaid was down to them and not Ju.

She said the adviser was fully aware it was resolved 2010-11 and employers at fault, so why use some of her overpayment of 08-09 tax year, strange i think.

I will post the manual up once she comes over with it.

Comment

Something came to mind as well, I am wondering if there may had been an underpayment in between those tax years.
                          Overpayment 2008-09, and underpayment 2010-11

So the year between 2009-10, just a thought, but wouldnt she had known about this at the same time as when she was sent the above last November?

Comment

Yes she prob would have.

I cant speculate till I see this tax calculation letter, I wouldn't be surprised if the guy on the phone was just assuming what it was.

Comment

Hopefully the letter which was stated it would be done/manually?? will be here by the weekend at latest.

Am I correct in saying though, because 2010-11 was confirmed in writing that it's employer error/mistake any underpayment of tax comes from them?

Which baffled me on what Ju said the adviser said - about them deducting part of the overpayment of 2008-09 where she was sent £270.89 of the cheque, where she is now £179 down, so that went towards the 2010-11 tax year!
                              Considering she overpaid by £449.89 They got the last 2 digits correct! lol!

Okay, I know we cant do a lot until the manual letter arrives, but it's not making sense lol.

Manual, I take it hand-written??? wonder why that is?
                              Last edited by di30; 4 July 2013, 16:26.

Comment

Not heard from Ju yet, but she did work nights last night, I'm sure she will let me know if she has news or not lol.

She said the other day the letter will be done manually? but what difference does this make? should the letter be here quicker?

Comment

Working...
                                X