TaxAid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TaxAid

TaxAid is a charity that helps people on low incomes with their tax affairs. TaxAid helps people on low incomes to understand the bits of the tax system that apply to them (safely ignoring the confusing 98% that don’t), pay only the right amount of tax and help them resolve crises when things go wrong.

TaxAid
    • is unique as a charity providing free, independent, advice across the range of tax issues that impact on people on low incomes
    • helps the most disadvantaged 20% of unrepresented taxpayers on low incomes who cannot afford professional advice
    • uses its unique experience in advising to influence government and HM Revenue and Customs in cases where the tax system is unfair, inefficient or reduces incentives to work
    • trains high street advice agencies to recognise the problem, deal with the first step and appropriately refer.

TaxAid runs a national helpline, and provides face-to-face services in London, Birmingham, Manchester, Newcastleand, and gives advice via email. Appointments are also available in Bristol, Plymouth, Sheffield and Shropshire (via TellyTalk). The website is designed to make tax understandable to any taxpayer.
    Administration Office:

Address: 304 Linton House, 164-180 Union Street, London, SE1 0LH.
    Tel: 020 7803 4950 (public helpline is 0345 120 3779)

Weblink: TaxAid
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: TaxAid

Reference to Blog Posting on 22nd February 2012.....

Charities collaborate on debt films
    Blog Link Below
    Charities collaborate on debt films - allaboutFORUMS

Link to the short films below: TaxAid
    Talking Tax Debt TaxAid

Ted has had a letter from HMRC that he is very worried about
    Films TaxAid

Steve’s story: The HMRC “determination”
    Films TaxAid

Gwen’s Story: The Statement of Account
    Films TaxAid

Nic’s story: The Threat of “Distraint”

Hank’s story: The County Court Papers
    Films TaxAid

Tracy’s story: The Letter From The Enforcement & Insolvency Officer
    Films TaxAid

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
    X