GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Agency new regulations/Pay - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Agency new regulations/Pay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agency new regulations/Pay

I understand new regulations came into force on 1st October 2011. (For recruitment agencies).

You also have to be working for a continous 12 weeks with no holiday break which can pause for the pay conditions/where paid the same as an employee of the business.

Now on behalf of a friend, she started working for an Recruitment agency full time - started 3 October 2011, this continued until demand dropped (with xmas coming up) so she worked until Friday 6th December), the Agency continued to pay for the holidays she was owed for the following weeks so holiday pay covered the time off until the same business wanted them back again.

So with this she returned to her first day on Wednesday 4th January, and completed that week, there was no work this Monday for her, but they rang her early the next day - Tuesday 10 January (this week) to come in on a later shift and to also work the remaining of the week.

However, she may not know if she is in the following week maybe at the end of this week or maybe early next week.

In regards of the holiday break this have pushed back the 12 weeks, but by taking the weeks not worked out, in my opinion this will now be her 12 week this week.

What I would like to know (on her behalf really) which I expect many others in the same position may also wonder.
    As this is the 12th completed week, would that mean she should receive employee rate pay next week, or would she have to go into her 13th week first before she benefits?

I have read up on different sites, but it just states, once the 12 week is completed, but can be confusing if a further week will have to be worked before she benefits.

I know it's not rocket science to really work out LOL, but bet this can be confusing for agency workers and I suggested to her to keep a check on this matter of her pay.

Thank you.

Re: Agency new regulations/Pay

Hi Di!

Originally posted by di30 View Post
    You also have to be working for a continuous 12 weeks with no holiday break
    Seems pretty clear to me. I would have thought the rest of the phrase is irrelevant.

Comment

Re: Agency new regulations/Pay

Originally posted by BBoo View Post
      Hi Di!

Seems pretty clear to me. I would have thought the rest of the phrase is irrelevant.

Cheers BBoo.

I think Sarah (sure she won't mind me giving her first name only lol) wanted me to ask around as well, but I'm sure that is also right.

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
      X