GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script This worries me if true - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This worries me if true

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This worries me if true

A Nottingham man has now been held in custody for two weeks after he was accused of “threatening behaviour” due to comments he allegedly made during his Atos benefits assessment.

Steve Topley is a 49 year old father with multiple serious health problems who was required to attend a Work Capability Assessment with the notorious IT firm Atos – the company responsible for stripping benefits from hundreds of thousands of sick and disabled people. During the process Mr Topley made some comments about someone not present at the assessment. His family say these comments were misunderstood and were in response to questions from the assessor about his personal life.

Man Jailed After Comments Made In Atos Assessment | the void

Re: This worries me if true

is noone safe?
    if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

STEVEN Topley, 49, of Beardall Street, Hucknall, has appeared in court accused of making a threat to kill a man, to a woman, in the city on Thursday, April 11. The case was sent for trial at Nottingham Crown Court. Topley is due to appear in court for a plea and case management hearing on Friday April 26. He has been remanded in custody until the hearing.

Read more: News from the courts | This is Nottingham
      Follow us: @thisisnottm on Twitter | ThisIsNottingham on Facebook

Comment

so if I go and say "I could kill a pint" would someone lock me up do you think?. the worlds gone barmy !!
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
        X