GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script ESA appeal - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ESA appeal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESA appeal

Hi all
    Right, I lost my job in april last year but was signed off sick at the time so claimed ESA. Had the assesment but failed it. I am signed off for anxiety/depression/stress and have had a 14 week course of CBT.
    I appealed and now am waiting for the hearing. I have asked for it to be in Birmingham as my B/F lives there and I spend a lot of time there although I still have my home in Leicestershire. Originally the letter said it would be heard sometime from April. When I called to see I was told waiting time was 45 weeks (from Nov 2011 when they got the papers).
    I have emailed asking for it to be hurried up as it is affecting my life.
    The issues I have which make my problems worse are:
    High Debts
    No money
    Ongoing Police investigation regarding my work (not been charged)
    Hassels with council
    . Any advice would be welcome

Re: ESA appeal

Are you expected to live without any money for the next so many weeks then - around another 6 months or so?

Can see you have a diary, so will keep the debt advice seperate on that there.

I dont think we can really advise on the rest without a little bit of a fuller picture. - You say you lost your job and there is a police investigation regards this - so presumably, this would be for fraud or theft ..... maybe assault?

Again with the council, it would help if we knew what the "hassle" was - sure you will appreciate that hassle for laying your music too loud is different from not being able to pay rent or council tax.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks Oscar
      Yes the police investigation is for alledged fraud, though the complaint wasn't made by my ex employer and I believe the "injured party" have been paid by my employer (alhough not sure). I am not really prepared to put the whole bloody story on here. I have not been charged and it has been going on since March last year.
      I am getting 67.50 pw at the moment but until the appeal is sorted I can not get on trying to get better by maybe doing vol work.
      As for the hassel there is a post in the benefits section telling that story, they have suspended my HB while they investigate what I did with the procedes of a house sale .

Originally posted by oscar View Post
      Are you expected to live without any money for the next so many weeks then - around another 6 months or so?

Can see you have a diary, so will keep the debt advice seperate on that there.

I dont think we can really advise on the rest without a little bit of a fuller picture. - You say you lost your job and there is a police investigation regards this - so presumably, this would be for fraud or theft ..... maybe assault?

Again with the council, it would help if we knew what the "hassle" was - sure you will appreciate that hassle for laying your music too loud is different from not being able to pay rent or council tax.

Comment

Originally posted by jon1965 View Post
        Thanks Oscar
        Yes the police investigation is for alledged fraud, though the complaint wasn't made by my ex employer and I believe the "injured party" have been paid by my employer (alhough not sure). I am not really prepared to put the whole bloody story on here. I have not been charged and it has been going on since March last year.
        I am getting 67.50 pw at the moment but until the appeal is sorted I can not get on trying to get better by maybe doing vol work.
        As for the hassel there is a post in the benefits section telling that story, they have suspended my HB while they investigate what I did with the procedes of a house sale .
        Thanks Jon,

No need for the whole story - and dont get me wrong, I wasnt prying if thats how I came across - I am sure you will understand it makes it easier for us to help if we know just a little. I guess until you know the full picture yourself (you said that you are unsure if ex-employer has paid out or not) its going to be difficult for anyone to assess.

£67.50 doesnt go very far - been there myself, as have others on here. Doing voluntary work is a good way to get experience, plus it gets you out the house (and its something I have done before for the same reasons)

After writing the above, I dd see your post re HB. I guess if you have all the paper trails to show where the monies you borrowed have been paid back, then there is little to answer to.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
        X