GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Working Tax Credits. - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Working Tax Credits.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working Tax Credits.

Posted on behalf of a friend.

Individual has a Neurological condition which means they are entitled to Disability Living Allowance (Lower rate care and mobility). They have been unemployed for some time and along with the JSA was a disability premium - roughly £30 I think.

They have recently gained work and have looked into WTC -they qualify based on last years earnings - only issue is with the "Disability" question. They obviously fufil condition 1 - they are working, and Condition 3 - they have DLA.

Condition 2 (can you raise arms, hop on one leg etc etc) is where the problem lies - they dont think they qualify. However, DWP (JC+), Turn2us, and another have said they are entitled - but based the decision on the fact they get DLA.

Any one got any advice/experience?? No point in going to Welfae rights or CAB - information keeps leaving there and gets spread very quickly.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Working Tax Credits.

Does nayone happen to know or recall a time frame for new claims being sorted?

Realise its only been just over a week or so for my friend, but they have asked me to find out. Obviously I know it will be backdated so they wont lose out.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

ANother question over this now.

Friend is probably just about to change jobs, will be the same hours, same days, but a slightly lower rate of pay. Obviously, the calculation is based on last years earnings for this year.

Does he have to notify them of the "change" - they are still employed FT, 35 hours, but slightly less money.

Comment

if he does then he should get an increase in tax credits but its not a definite one due to the small amount of change
        I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Life is full of Ups and Downs. Shame it just aint simple.

Comment

Originally posted by kilasuit View Post
          if he does then he should get an increase in tax credits but its not a definite one due to the small amount of change
          Even if they are getting the full amount now?

Comment

Resurrect this thread for a question.

Tax Credits get renewed in July, but obviously based on April figures - year end.

Do Tax Credits count as income for the purposes of the calculation - ie last years earnins were poor so get Tax Credits this year. This years (April 2013) earnings were approx 10K - very slightly less - about 25 quid - do tax credits have to be added to this for the calculation or are they ignored?

Comment

Only taxable income is counted as income for Tax credits
              I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Life is full of Ups and Downs. Shame it just aint simple.

Comment

Working...
              X