GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Cecilia PDL diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cecilia PDL diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cecilia PDL diary

Originally posted by cecilia View Post
    Thanks SnV,

Done!
    Cool - just to check - did you send it to collections@arceuropeltd.co.uk?
    "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks SnV,

No, I sent it to ITArc@arceuropeltd.co.uk , which is where I sent the telephone harassment letter. I have just forwarded it to collections@arceuropeltd.co.uk .

Comment

Thanks SnV,

No, I sent it to ITArc@arceuropeltd.co.uk , which is where I sent the telephone harassment letter. I have just forwarded it to collections@arceuropeltd.co.uk .
        Good stuff - balls in their court now.........
        "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Pounds to Pocket

Started May 11, have reloaned with them several times.Paid off four loans.
          May 11 loan £400
          Interest £323.01
          Reloaned September 11
          loan £1200
          Interest £987.41
          Reloaned November 2011
          Loan £1150
          Interest £975.25
          Reloaned October 2012
          Loan £1150
          Interest £1052.24
          Last paid beginning August 2013
          Defaulted August 2013

Received email from Pounds to Pocket 28th August
          Sent email to Pounds to Pocket 28th August explaining circumstances and offering repayment plan.
          Received email from Pounds to Pocket 29th August I&E
          Sent email to Pounds to Pocket 30th August I&E
          Received email from Pounds to Pocket 30th August
          Defaulted August 2013

Received text from Pounds to Pocket 3rd September
          Received email from Pounds to Pocket 18th Septemberpayment reminder
          Received email from Pounds to Pocket payment reminder 21st September
          Received email from Pounds to Pocket Notice of Default sums 25th September
          Received email from Pounds to Pocket 26th September Notice of Arrears

Received text from Pounds to Pocket 26th September, to clear outstanding balance, before reported to credit bureau.
          Received text from Pounds to Pocket 2nd October asking me to call 0800 to cure my outstanding balance before reported to credit bureau
          Received notice of arrears from Pounds to Pocket 2nd October in the post

Received notice of Overdue payment from Pounds to Pocket 2nd October in the post
          Received notice of arrears from Pounds to Pocket 12th October in the post
          Received notice of default from Pounds to Pocket 16th October in the post
          Received voicemail to call Pounds to Pocket on 0800 on 17th October
          Received email from Pounds to Pocket payment reminder 23rd October
          Received email from Pounds to Pocket payment reminder 26th October
          Received notice of default sums Pounds to Pocket 31st October
          Received notice of arrears from Pounds to Pocket 31st October
          Received notice of acceleration Pounds to Pocket 2nd November

Received account severely past due letter in the post from Pounds to Pocket dated 10th November, received 14th November
          Received email from Pounds to Pocket 20th November Payment reminder
          Received email from Pounds to Pocket 23rd November Payment reminder

Received final notice impending account sale from Pounds to Pocket in the post 29th November dated 24th November
          Received Notice of Debt referral from Pounds to Pocket via email 3rd December
          Received Notice of Debt referral from Pounds to Pocket via email 16th December
          Received Voicemail to call ARC Europe urgently
          Received text from ARC Europe18th December
          Received email from ARC Europe 19th December
          Sent ARC Europe telephone harassment letter 19th December
          Received email from ARC Europe in response to my telephone harassment letter 23rd December
          Sent email to ARC Europe 23rd December
          Received 2nd email from ARC Europe 23rd December
          Received this from ARC this afternoon SnV, must be the Christmas desperation. Sent them the same offer letter I sent Pounds to Pocket on 28th December. They are now asking me to list all my creditors which Pounds to Pocket did not do. As you know Pounds to Pocket accepted my offer, but wanted me to pay by Debit card or set up a Direct debit, and refused to give Bank details.

ARC (Europe) Ltd Reference:

Client Name: Pounds To Pocket
          Balance: £1478.55

Thank you for your email.

We confirm we have provisionally accepted your offer of £40.00 per month on condition that you provide us with a full financial statement clearly showing your financial situation with your incomings, outgoings and list of creditors. A financial statement can be downloaded from our website via the link; http://www.arceuropeltd.co.uk/coc.html. We confirm that there is no interest or charges applied to the debt at this stage.

You may be interested to know, there are a number of Debt Management Companies who are non fee charging organisations such as The Citizens Advice Bureau, The StepChange Debt Charity, Payplan and National Debtline who would be able to assist you. Details of these non fee charging debt management companies can be found on the internet.

You can make a secure payment to ARC 24 hours a day with your debit or credit card by visiting our web site www.arceuropeltd.co.uk or by calling our automated payment hotline on 0845 0268889. Alternatively you can telephone us to make a payment by debit or credit card.

Please use our bank details below if you wish to set up a Bank Standing Order:

Sort Code 20-72-17 (Barclays)
          Account No 40678864
          Reference 1797193

If you wish to pay by Direct Debit, please confirm your Sort Code and Account Number and the date you would like payments to be processed from your account each month. However, please note that we are only able to process payments by Direct Debit on either the 1st, 8th, 15th, or 23rd of the month.

We wish to make it quite clear that unless we receive your financial statement and payment by 31 January 2014, we will have to pass this account to our Legal Department for further action.

Please be advised that emails replied to this address will not be answered. All emails must be sent to collections@arceuropeltd.co.uk.

Yours sincerely,

Patrick Rowell
          Compliance Executive

ARC (Europe) Ltd
          Kent House
          Churchfield Road
          Walton-on-Thames
          Surrey
          KT12 2TU

Comment

Received this from ARC this afternoon SnV, must be the Christmas desperation. Sent them the same offer letter I sent Pounds to Pocket on 28th December. They are now asking me to list all my creditors which Pounds to Pocket did not do. As you know Pounds to Pocket accepted my offer, but wanted me to pay by Debit card or set up a Direct debit, and refused to give Bank details.
            LOL - well you're not wrong about the Christmas desperation

But this is good news as at least they understand their obligations on considering your offer - frustrating as it is, sometimes farming out to a DCA offers better results then dealing direct with the OC.

As we've discussed previously - you're under no obligation to provide details of your other creditors to them. However the common financial statement does provide this information, and its nothing they cannot get doing a search of CRA's so its up to you really on how you want to proceed. Personally I've not considered this detrimental providing this information, as it gives you more leverage over them than they have over you.

You could just email them your I/E form (without creditor information), but state something along the lines of 'please be aware that all other creditors have accepted the offer made to them'.

Its up to them then whether they push back for the creditor information.

However they have given you until 31st Jan 2014 so you have LOTS of time now though to think what you'd like to do. I'd suggest forgetting about this until the New Year and enjoy the Christmas break as much as possible

Comment

Hi Cecilia

Hope you had a great Christmas and New Year!

Have you had any thoughts on what you'd like to do about below?

SnV

ARC (Europe) Ltd Reference:

Client Name: Pounds To Pocket
              Balance: £1478.55

We confirm we have provisionally accepted your offer of £40.00 per month on condition that you provide us with a full financial statement clearly showing your financial situation with your incomings, outgoings and list of creditors. A financial statement can be downloaded from our website via the link; http://www.arceuropeltd.co.uk/coc.html. We confirm that there is no interest or charges applied to the debt at this stage.

You may be interested to know, there are a number of Debt Management Companies who are non fee charging organisations such as The Citizens Advice Bureau, The StepChange Debt Charity, Payplan and National Debtline who would be able to assist you. Details of these non fee charging debt management companies can be found on the internet.

You can make a secure payment to ARC 24 hours a day with your debit or credit card by visiting our web site www.arceuropeltd.co.uk or by calling our automated payment hotline on 0845 0268889. Alternatively you can telephone us to make a payment by debit or credit card.

Please use our bank details below if you wish to set up a Bank Standing Order:

Sort Code 20-72-17 (Barclays)
              Account No 40678864
              Reference 1797193

If you wish to pay by Direct Debit, please confirm your Sort Code and Account Number and the date you would like payments to be processed from your account each month. However, please note that we are only able to process payments by Direct Debit on either the 1st, 8th, 15th, or 23rd of the month.

We wish to make it quite clear that unless we receive your financial statement and payment by 31 January 2014, we will have to pass this account to our Legal Department for further action.

Please be advised that emails replied to this address will not be answered. All emails must be sent to collections@arceuropeltd.co.uk.

Yours sincerely,

Patrick Rowell
              Compliance Executive

ARC (Europe) Ltd
              Kent House
              Churchfield Road
              Walton-on-Thames
              Surrey
              KT12 2TU

Comment

Pounds to Pocket

Started May 11, have reloaned with them several times.Paid off four loans.
                May 11 loan £400
                Interest £323.01
                Reloaned September 11
                loan £1200
                Interest £987.41
                Reloaned November 2011
                Loan £1150
                Interest £975.25
                Reloaned October 2012
                Loan £1150
                Interest £1052.24
                Defaulted August 2013

Received email from Pounds to Pocket 28th August
                Sent email to Pounds to Pocket 28th August explaining circumstances and offering repayment plan.
                Received email from Pounds to Pocket 29th August I&E
                Sent email to Pounds to Pocket 30th August I&E
                Received email from Pounds to Pocket 30th August
                Defaulted August 2013

Received text from Pounds to Pocket 3rd September
                Received email from Pounds to Pocket 18th Septemberpayment reminder
                Received email from Pounds to Pocket payment reminder 21st September
                Received email from Pounds to Pocket Notice of Default sums 25th September
                Received email from Pounds to Pocket 26th September Notice of Arrears

Received text from Pounds to Pocket 26th September, to clear outstanding balance, before reported to credit bureau.
                Received text from Pounds to Pocket 2nd October asking me to call 0800 to cure my outstanding balance before reported to credit bureau
                Received notice of arrears from Pounds to Pocket 2nd October in the post

Received notice of Overdue payment from Pounds to Pocket 2nd October in the post
                Received notice of arrears from Pounds to Pocket 12th October in the post
                Received notice of default from Pounds to Pocket 16th October in the post
                Received voicemail to call Pounds to Pocket on 0800 on 17th October
                Received email from Pounds to Pocket payment reminder 23rd October
                Received email from Pounds to Pocket payment reminder 26th October
                Received notice of default sums Pounds to Pocket 31st October
                Received notice of arrears from Pounds to Pocket 31st October
                Received notice of acceleration Pounds to Pocket 2nd November

Received account severely past due letter in the post from Pounds to Pocket dated 10th November, received 14th November
                Received email from Pounds to Pocket 20th November Payment reminder
                Received email from Pounds to Pocket 23rd November Payment reminder

Received final notice impending account sale from Pounds to Pocket in the post 29th November dated 24th November
                Received Notice of Debt referral from Pounds to Pocket via email 3rd December
                Received Notice of Debt referral from Pounds to Pocket via email 16th December
                Received Voicemail to call ARC Europe urgently
                Received text from ARC Europe18th December
                Received email from ARC Europe 19th December
                Sent ARC Europe telephone harassment letter 19th December
                Received email from ARC Europe in response to my telephone harassment letter 23rd December
                Sent email to ARC Europe 23rd December
                Received 2nd email from ARC Europe 23rd December
                Sent email to ARC Europe 6th January
                Received email from ARC Europe 18th January
                Hi SnV,

Hope you had a good Christmas and New Year.

I was ill over the whole period, and still have not recovered. I have not been around much as I am so drained after work, as I have been sleep deprived for so many days.

Received this from ARC on the 18th January, so that is four down now, three to go.

ARC Reference:

RE: Pounds To Pocket
                Balance: £1,478.55

We can confirm that we have accepted your proposal of £40.00 per month to clear the above account. Please note your first payment is due by the 31st January 2014 and then the 31st of each month thereafter.
                You can make a secure payment to ARC 24 hours a day with your debit or credit card by visiting our web site www.arceuropeltd.co.uk or by calling our automated payment hotline on 0845 0268889. Alternatively you can telephone us on 01932 251000 to make a payment by debit or credit card or you can use the following bank details to make payment by Bank Transfer or Bank Standing Order:
                Bank name Barclays Bank
                Account name ARC Europe Ltd
                Sort Code 20-72-17
                Account No 40678864

Reference

If we do not receive your payment by the above date, the offer of payment will be rejected and this account will be passed to our Legal Department for further action.

Yours sincerely,

Rachael Wynne

ARC Europe Ltd
                Last edited by cecilia; 21 January 2014, 08:26.

Comment

I continue to get Voicemail messages from Quickquid, as they are a sister company to Pounds to Pocket I am assuming they will pass things over to ARC.

Comment

I continue to get Voicemail messages from Quickquid, as they are a sister company to Pounds to Pocket I am assuming they will pass things over to ARC.
                    Yes they may eventually go to Arc Europe too, and then you may even get a nice letter from Trevor Munn their solicitor of choice.

Theoretically they are separate legal entities, but you are right - they are both part of CashEuroNetUK LLC.

However it may be worth taking a different approach with Quickquid. You took a loan with them in July 2013, when you already had a loan with P2P of £1150. I think there may be an argument here of irresponsible lending, especially because you already had a loan with CashEuronetUK therefore there may be an argument that they did not carry out a suitable affordability assessment (not to mention failures of providing pre-contract information).

I'd also consider sending them the telephone harassment letter if its bothering you:

http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/old/...t-by-telephone

Comment

Hi SnV,

Hope you had a good Christmas and New Year.

I was ill over the whole period, and still have not recovered. I have not been around much as I am so drained after work, as I have been sleep deprived for so many days.

Received this from ARC on the 18th January, so that is four down now, three to go.

ARC Reference:

RE: Pounds To Pocket
                      Balance: £1,478.55

We can confirm that we have accepted your proposal of £40.00 per month to clear the above account. Please note your first payment is due by the 31st January 2014 and then the 31st of each month thereafter.
                      Ok thats great news! Looks like they cracked before you did

Sorry to hear you've not been well - its easy to say but try to look after your health and don't let these @holes get you down. As for the other 3 lets wait for the next set of correspondence and then I think its time to play a little hardball with them....

Comment

Speedloan(Part of Albermarle and Bond)
                        Started approximately 2004 as cheque cashing, stopped cheque cashing a few months ago, and converted into a loan.
                        Interest paid to Albermarle and Bond from 2004 to 2013 £16,320

Loan £800
                        Owe £1120 including interest
                        Default charges £112
                        Monthly payments £112
                        Last payment beginning July 2013
                        Defaulted August 2013
                        Received text from Speedloan 2nd September
                        Wrote to Speedloan 4th September
                        Received letter in the post from Speedloan 7th September rejecting my offer.
                        Received letter in the post from Speedloan 18th September, asking me to contact them urgently, give bank account and debit card details,to set up direct debit.
                        Received text message from Speedloan 26th September to discuss account
                        Received default notice in the post from Speedloan 3rd October in normal post
                        Wrote to Speedloan 10th October
                        Received Notice of sum of arrears in the post from Speedloan 12th October in normal post
                        Received a letter in the post from Chantry collections re my speedloan dated 19th October, received 23rd October
                        Received a letter in the post from Chantry collections re my Speedloan dated 24th October received 28th October
                        Wrote to Chantry collections 7th November
                        Received Important notice from Chantry collections in the post re my Speedloan dated 5th November received 9th November
                        Received letter from Chantry collections in the post re my Speedloan dated 8th November received 11th November
                        Received letter in the post from Speedloan dated 13th November received 14th November
                        Received call from Clair Westbury at Speedloan 19th November asking me to send my I&E to put this matter to a close.
                        Received call from Clair Westbury at Speedloan 20th November asking me to send my I&E to put this matter to a close.
                        Resent to I&E to Speedloan 21st November.
                        Received letter from Speedloan 23rd November dated 22nd November.
                        Received letter from Speedloan 23rd January dated 21st January

Thanks SnV,

My health is my priority this year. Received this from Chantry collections today.

21/1/14

Your complaint reference

Final response

I am writing in response to the complaint you lodged with us recently, I have completed my investigation and my conclusion is set below.

You have complained that you are currently experiencing financial difficulties and feel that your repayment offer of £24 per month has not been accepted as payment towards your Speedloand despite sending a financial statement to Chantry collections Ltd.

I have investigated this with the collections team who have confirmed that your offer of £24 was rejected on a permanent basis because they had not received your financial statement. However, you were advised in a letter they sent to you on 24th October 2013 that your offer was accepted as an interim payment and would be accepted on a permanent basis going forward once your financial statement had been received.

On the 15th Novermber 2013 your replied to my earlier letter requesting this information but the information you provided was insufficient as it only listed your expenditure and did not list your individual creditor balances and your subsequent repayments to them. As a result, I wrote to you again and enclosed our own financial statement template for you to completed and return with all the relevant information of your monthly expenditure. To date we have still not received the completed document from you, nor have you paid any interim payments to Chantry collections. If there is any reason why you feel that payment should continue to be withheld, you should contact them immediately.

I have enclosed a further Income and Expenditure form for you to complete. Please return this to Chantry Collections Ltd as soon as possible.

Based on the above and as you have not contacted us to discuss this matter further, we feel that we have fully addressed your complaint and cannot agree that your complaint is justified. As such, the file on your complaint has been closed with immediate effect.

If your complaint is subject to the jurisdiction of the Financial Ombudsman service (FOS) then you may be able to refer your complaint to them if you are unhappy with our decision. If applicable , a copy of FOS explanatory leaflet is included with this letter. Please note that if you wish FOS to review your complaint, you must contact them within six months of the date of this letter.

Yours sincerely

Chantry Collections Ltd

P.O.Box 35 Wakefield WF11Yn

T 08444480520

E enquiries@chantrycollections.com

Comment

Look after yourself first. Barclaycard and their collection team made me ill. Never again. They have not accepted your offer. So don't pay them. Wait for the next move then post here for advice.
                          Good luck.

Comment

Hi Cecilia

Absolutely right you should look after your health first. Lets see if this lot can be put to bed or at least shoved back under the rock they crawled from.

So I've had a quick read through the whole thread and I can't find the information I'm looking for (could just me being myopic) when you have time if you could provide some more information that would be great.

First of all I'm interested in how they handled the cheque cashing service:

• Were you given and asked to complete an 'application form' and if so do you have a copy of that
                            • Were you given at any point any contract or credit agreement or did you simply hand them post-dated cheques in return for them handing over cash?
                            • If you had some sort of contract/agreement do you have a copy anywhere?
                            • How many times did you use the cheque cashing service (I'm guessing hundreds of time judging by the interest thats accrued)

Next I'm interested in how things changed into a loan:

• Were you 'sold' a loan to cover the balance of an outstanding cheque cashing service balance you had?
                            • Did you have to fill out an application form and do you have a copy?
                            • Were you given any pre-contact information or fact sheet so you could assess the affordability of the loan that was being offered to you?
                            • Were you given a credit agreement and if so do you have a copy?
                            • Have you 'rolled over' the loan at all and if so how many time?
                            • If you did 'roll over' the loan were you provided new pre-contract information and new credit agreement each time and if so do you have a copy?
                            • Did you receive any arrears notice/letter also containing information on where you can go to get advice on your debts?
                            • Have you received any sort of default or termination notice (I think you may have answered this already just couldn't see the post)?

They have had their opportunity to be reasonable - they've failed. Time to play hardball now. Depending on answers to above, and if you're happy with this approach, then I'd suggest you argue irresponsible lending (if they've not followed the requirements of the consumer credit act), unfair relationship (based on the interest that you've paid plus their conduct in refusing your offer etc), then that will be your final response to them.

There is a tiny tiny possibility they may issue a court claim but it is miniscule. They are going through their own financial troubles right now so its more likely any debt portfolio they have will be sold off to a DCA then they'll be easier to deal with. My money would be on Motormile Finance or Moorcroft....

Best
                            SnV

Thanks SnV,

My health is my priority this year. Received this from Chantry collections today.

21/1/14

Your complaint reference

Final response

I am writing in response to the complaint you lodged with us recently, I have completed my investigation and my conclusion is set below.

You have complained that you are currently experiencing financial difficulties and feel that your repayment offer of £24 per month has not been accepted as payment towards your Speedloand despite sending a financial statement to Chantry collections Ltd.

I have investigated this with the collections team who have confirmed that your offer of £24 was rejected on a permanent basis because they had not received your financial statement. However, you were advised in a letter they sent to you on 24th October 2013 that your offer was accepted as an interim payment and would be accepted on a permanent basis going forward once your financial statement had been received.

On the 15th Novermber 2013 your replied to my earlier letter requesting this information but the information you provided was insufficient as it only listed your expenditure and did not list your individual creditor balances and your subsequent repayments to them. As a result, I wrote to you again and enclosed our own financial statement template for you to completed and return with all the relevant information of your monthly expenditure. To date we have still not received the completed document from you, nor have you paid any interim payments to Chantry collections. If there is any reason why you feel that payment should continue to be withheld, you should contact them immediately.

I have enclosed a further Income and Expenditure form for you to complete. Please return this to Chantry Collections Ltd as soon as possible.

Based on the above and as you have not contacted us to discuss this matter further, we feel that we have fully addressed your complaint and cannot agree that your complaint is justified. As such, the file on your complaint has been closed with immediate effect.

If your complaint is subject to the jurisdiction of the Financial Ombudsman service (FOS) then you may be able to refer your complaint to them if you are unhappy with our decision. If applicable , a copy of FOS explanatory leaflet is included with this letter. Please note that if you wish FOS to review your complaint, you must contact them within six months of the date of this letter.

Yours sincerely

Chantry Collections Ltd

P.O.Box 35 Wakefield WF11Yn

T 08444480520

E enquiries@chantrycollections.com

Comment

Originally posted by Enforcer View Post
                              Look after yourself first. Barclaycard and their collection team made me ill. Never again. They have not accepted your offer. So don't pay them. Wait for the next move then post here for advice.
                              Good luck.
                              Thanks Enforcer. You are right never again. When I got really ill, it forced me to look at my priorities, and remove as much stress from my life where possible.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltnVinegar View Post
                                Hi Cecilia

Absolutely right you should look after your health first. Lets see if this lot can be put to bed or at least shoved back under the rock they crawled from.

So I've had a quick read through the whole thread and I can't find the information I'm looking for (could just me being myopic) when you have time if you could provide some more information that would be great.

First of all I'm interested in how they handled the cheque cashing service:

• Were you given and asked to complete an 'application form' and if so do you have a copy of that
                                • Were you given at any point any contract or credit agreement or did you simply hand them post-dated cheques in return for them handing over cash?
                                • If you had some sort of contract/agreement do you have a copy anywhere?
                                • How many times did you use the cheque cashing service (I'm guessing hundreds of time judging by the interest thats accrued)

Next I'm interested in how things changed into a loan:

• Were you 'sold' a loan to cover the balance of an outstanding cheque cashing service balance you had?
                                • Did you have to fill out an application form and do you have a copy?
                                • Were you given any pre-contact information or fact sheet so you could assess the affordability of the loan that was being offered to you?
                                • Were you given a credit agreement and if so do you have a copy?
                                • Have you 'rolled over' the loan at all and if so how many time?
                                • If you did 'roll over' the loan were you provided new pre-contract information and new credit agreement each time and if so do you have a copy?
                                • Did you receive any arrears notice/letter also containing information on where you can go to get advice on your debts?
                                • Have you received any sort of default or termination notice (I think you may have answered this already just couldn't see the post)?

They have had their opportunity to be reasonable - they've failed. Time to play hardball now. Depending on answers to above, and if you're happy with this approach, then I'd suggest you argue irresponsible lending (if they've not followed the requirements of the consumer credit act), unfair relationship (based on the interest that you've paid plus their conduct in refusing your offer etc), then that will be your final response to them.

There is a tiny tiny possibility they may issue a court claim but it is miniscule. They are going through their own financial troubles right now so its more likely any debt portfolio they have will be sold off to a DCA then they'll be easier to deal with. My money would be on Motormile Finance or Moorcroft....

Best
                                SnV
                                Hi SnV,

Here are the answers to your questions re the cheque cashing
                                1) Yes, I had to fill in a form for the cheque cashing service. I have a copy of that somewhere.

2) I was given a credit agreement to sign, before they allowed me to cash cheques.

3) I cashed cheques every month from 2004, which is about 108 times by my calculation.

Now your questions regarding the loan.

1) Yes, I was sold a loan to cover the outstanding balance of the cheque cashing. They forced all customers to do this, unless they could pay off the loan in cash.
                                2) Yes I filled out a form, and I have a copy of it somewhere.
                                3) I was not given a pre contract factsheet . However I would like to add that a number of months before I had tried to apply for a Speedloan, and they refused my application on the basis that I had too many creditors, and was overextended.I had to provide my payslips and bank statements. However it was okay for them to give me a loan to pay off the cheque cashing, and I had to provide my payslips and bank statements again.
                                4) Yes I was given a credit agreement, and I have a copy somewhere.
                                5) No, I did not roll over the loan, rollovers were not available with this loan, you paid a set amount every month by direct debit.
                                6) Yes I received an arrears letter stating where I could get advice on my debt.
                                7) Yes I received a default notice.

I have all the paperwork, as I don't throw stuff like this away, it will take me a while to get it together when needed.
                                Last edited by cecilia; 27 January 2014, 07:39.

Comment

Working...
                                X