GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Cecilia PDL diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cecilia PDL diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cecilia PDL diary

Received this letter from Arc yesterday dated 24th April 2014

Balance £683.04

We are disappointed to note that you have not cleared your balance following our previous letter. On the instructions of our client we can now take steps to prepare a County Court Claim against you for recovery of the above debt.

A court claim will be prepared ten days after the date of this letter, unless we receive either payment in full or a substantial payment and a firm commitment to clear the remaining balance. You may want to seek independent legal advice from a Solicitor, debt counsellor, the Citizens advice bureau or similar organisation on this matter.

If this action is necessary and we pass the Court claim to our solicitor for issue, our client is entitled to claim interest under the County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% per annum together with fixed Court fees and Solicitor cost amounting to a further £130.

Please note that if the Claim is issued and the debt remains unpaid, our client can apply for the formal Court Judgment against you. If the full Judgement Debt is not paid within one month of being entered, the Judgment will be recorded by the Credit reference Agencies for a period of 6 years and this may seriously affect your ability to obtain credit in the future.

To avoid this action, please send a payment today , made payable to ARC Europe Ltd and quoting your reference number on the reverse.

For details of all payment methods please see the back of this letter or alternatively, call us Now on 01932251040 and ask for the Pre Litigation manager, Daniel Ryan.

Yours sincerely

Martin Wicks-Chartered Legal Executive
    Legal Manager-Arc

Comment

They always seem to know when you are at your lowest when they send these letters. Have you PMd SnV to make sure it's nipped in the bud? I know this isn't a priority but it looks like a LBA and from what I have read you need to reply to cover yourself.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by cecilia View Post
        Received this letter from Arc yesterday dated 24th April 2014

Balance £683.04

We are disappointed to note that you have not cleared your balance following our previous letter. On the instructions of our client we can now take steps to prepare a County Court Claim against you for recovery of the above debt.

A court claim will be prepared ten days after the date of this letter, unless we receive either payment in full or a substantial payment and a firm commitment to clear the remaining balance. You may want to seek independent legal advice from a Solicitor, debt counsellor, the Citizens advice bureau or similar organisation on this matter.

If this action is necessary and we pass the Court claim to our solicitor for issue, our client is entitled to claim interest under the County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% per annum together with fixed Court fees and Solicitor cost amounting to a further £130.

Please note that if the Claim is issued and the debt remains unpaid, our client can apply for the formal Court Judgment against you. If the full Judgement Debt is not paid within one month of being entered, the Judgment will be recorded by the Credit reference Agencies for a period of 6 years and this may seriously affect your ability to obtain credit in the future.

To avoid this action, please send a payment today , made payable to ARC Europe Ltd and quoting your reference number on the reverse.

For details of all payment methods please see the back of this letter or alternatively, call us Now on 01932251040 and ask for the Pre Litigation manager, Daniel Ryan.

Yours sincerely

Martin Wicks-Chartered Legal Executive
        Legal Manager-Arc
        Hi Cecilia

Is that the letter verbatim?

Are you still in the same position to make the payment arrangement you attempted to before?

Thanks
        SnV
        "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
          They always seem to know when you are at your lowest when they send these letters. Have you PMd SnV to make sure it's nipped in the bud? I know this isn't a priority but it looks like a LBA and from what I have read you need to reply to cover yourself.
          I would certainly treat it as a LBA, although they are in breach of pre-action protocol. In consideration of everything that Cecilia is going through right now I wouldn't want Arc to issue a claim chancing their arm so you're right this definitely requires a response.
          "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

Comment

Originally posted by SaltnVinegar View Post
            Hi Cecilia

Is that the letter verbatim?

Are you still in the same position to make the payment arrangement you attempted to before?

Thanks
            SnV
            Hi SnV,

Yes that is the letter verbatim.

I am still in the same position to make the payment arrangement I had attempted to do before.

It is just that I have so much on today, I am not going to have the time to deal with this until a few weeks time.

It sounds like you are saying I need to respond today. I am all over the place at the moment with my brothers burial.

Comment

Yes that is the letter verbatim. I am still in the same position to make the payment arrangement I had attempted to do before.
              Ok so thats something you can use.

It is just that I have so much on today, I am not going to have the time to deal with this until a few weeks time. It sounds like you are saying I need to respond today. I am all over the place at the moment with my brothers burial.
              Just hand tight I'm waiting for further opinion on the letter. I totally feel for you as you have so much on your plate right now but wouldn't want this compounded by a court claim waiting on your mat when you get back because they've rolled the dice.

Do you have enough time to maybe reprint your letter offer adding Arc Europes details instead?

Comment

I am all over the place at the moment with my brothers burial.
                Hi Cecilia - I'm not even going to pretend to understand the stress. Lets just say this - you do what you can and what you're able. No-one is going to be critical of you for wanting to focus on what is important today and that is your family and helping each other through this difficult time.

If that means that Arc issue a claim in the meantime then so be it - we'll be here to help you deal with that if that happens.

You have FAR more important things to be worrying about at the moment so concentrate on those.

Comment

If you send me by PM your name, address and account ref im happy to get a reply sent over for you that will stall things to give you time to deal with family issues.

Just let me know.
                  I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by SaltnVinegar View Post
                    Ok so thats something you can use.

Just hand tight I'm waiting for further opinion on the letter. I totally feel for you as you have so much on your plate right now but wouldn't want this compounded by a court claim waiting on your mat when you get back because they've rolled the dice.

Do you have enough time to maybe reprint your letter offer adding Arc Europes details instead?
                    Have just sent Arc the initial offer letter I sent to Quickquid. As I am so stressed, it took a while to find it on the computer. I resent having to do this during this time. It just adds to my stress levels, but as you say maybe when I am finished with the funeral, having a claim in the post will make things worse. It is just that for the next few days I will not be in the right frame of mind to communicate with these goons, and won't be checking emails or post.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                      If you send me by PM your name, address and account ref im happy to get a reply sent over for you that will stall things to give you time to deal with family issues.

Just let me know.
                      Thanks Niddy. I have sent them an offer letter. I will let you know if I want you to step in. Their timing is bad.

Comment

Ok well you've emailed so now forget it till you're ready to check.

Don't get worried. Sort what you need to sort
                        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

QuickQuid
                          Started July 2013
                          Loan £400
                          Owed 948.79 inc interest
                          Monthly payment £125.02, ten payments
                          Defaulted August 2013

Received email from Quickquid 30th August
                          Sent email to Quickquid 30th August
                          Received text from Quickquid 6th September
                          10th September - Voicemail left by Quickquid about an urgent matter asking me to call them on 0808

11th September-Voicemail left by Quickquid about an urgent matter asking me to call them on 0808
                          12th September-Voicemail left by Quickquid about an urgent matter asking me to call them on 0808from Nicole
                          Received email from Quickquid 12th September
                          Sent email to Quickquid 13th September
                          Received email from Quickquid 13th September
                          Received text from Quickquid 13th Septembersaying my account is overdue and to ring to freeze collections.
                          Received email from Quickquid 16th September
                          Received email from Quickquid 19th September
                          Received voicemail from Quickquid 20th September about an urgent matter asking me to call back
                          received email from Quickquid 23rd September reminder for payment due
                          Received Voicemail from Quickquid 23rd September about an urgent matter asking me to call them on 0808
                          Received notice of default sums 27th September
                          Received voicemail from Quickquid to call back urgently on 0808
                          Received reminder notice from Quickquid 24th October
                          Received email reminder notice from Quickquid 28th October
                          Received text message from Quickquid saying my account is overdue and to call them on 0808 28th October
                          Received Voicemail from Quickquid to call back urgently on 0808on 30th October
                          Received Voicemail from Quickquid to call back urgently on 0808 on 31st October
                          Received Voicemail from Quickquid to call back urgently on 0808 on 5th November
                          Received Text from Quickquid 7th November
                          Received Voicemail from Quickquid to call back urgently on 0808 on 8th November
                          Received Voicemail from Quickquid to call back urgently on 0808 on 12th November
                          Received Voicemail from Quickquid to call back urgently on 0808 on 14th November
                          Received Voicemail from Quickquid to call back urgently on 0808 on 15th November
                          Received Voicemail from Quickquid to call back urgently on 0808 21st Novembe
                          r
                          Received Voicemail from Quickquid to call back urgently on 0808 5th December
                          Received Voicemail from Quickquid to call back urgently on 0808 6th December
                          Received Extended Repayment plan available from Quickquid 11th December
                          Received voicemail from Quickquid to call back urgently on 0808 20th December
                          Received voicemail from Quickquid to call back urgently on 0808 24th December
                          Received voicemail from Quickquid to call back urgently on 0808 27th December
                          Received voicemail from Quickquid to call back urgently on 0808 31st December
                          Received voicemail from Quickquid to call back urgently on 0808 3rd January
                          Received voicemail from Quickquid to call back urgently on 0808 8th January
                          Received voicemail from Quickquid to call back urgently on 0808 13th January
                          Received voicemail from Quickquid to call back urgently on 0808 20th January
                          Received voicemail from Quickquid to call back urgently on 0808 22nd January
                          Received voicemail from Quickquid to call back urgently on 0808 24th January
                          Received Extended repayment plan email from Final resolution team 24th January

Received voicemail from Quickquid to call back urgently on 0808 28th January

Received Prevent sale to third party collectors email 28th January
                          Received Notice of Payment 60 days overdue 31st January
                          Received Notice of Payment 60 days overdue 4th February
                          Received voicemail from Quickquid to call back urgently on 0808 4th February
                          Received voicemail from Quickquid to call back urgently on 0808 6th February

Received Notice of Payment 60 days overdue 7th February
                          Received Notice of Payment 60 days overdue 11th February
                          Received Extended Repayment plan available 13th February
                          Received Notice of Payment 60 days overdue 14th February
                          Received voicemail from Quickquid to call back urgently on 0808 17th February
                          Received prevent sale to 3rd party collectors extended payment plan 18th February
                          Received Notice of Payment 60 days overdue 18th February
                          Received Notice of Payment 60 days overdue 21st February
                          Received Extended Repayment plan available 25th February
                          Received Notice of Payment 60 days overdue 25th February
                          Received Notice of Payment 60 days overdue 28th February
                          Received Notice of Payment 60 days overdue 4th March
                          Received Notice of Payment 60 days overdue 7th March
                          Received Notice of Payment 60 days overdue

Received Notice of Payment 60 days overdue 11th March
                          Received Notice of Payment 60 days overdue 14th March
                          Received prevent sale to 3rd Party collectors 18th March
                          Received Notice of Payment 60 days overdue 18th March
                          Received Notice of Payment 60 days overdue 21st March
                          Received Extended Repayment plan available 25th March
                          Received Notice or Payment 60 days overdue 25th March
                          Received Notice of Payment 60 days overdue 28th March
                          Received Notice of Payment 60 days overdue 8th April
                          Received letter from ARC saying the debt had been referred to them 10th April
                          Received Notice of debt referral from Quickquid 21st April
                          Received Notice or Payment 60 days overdue

Received letter from ARC 30th April
                          Received text message from ARC 1st May
                          Received email from ARC14th May
                          Received this email from Arc today

RE: Quick Quid FlexCredit
                          Balance Outstanding: £683.04

Thank you for your email.

We can confirm that we have provisionally accepted your proposal of £24.00 per month on the understanding you provide us a full financial statement showing your financial situation with your incomings, outgoings and list of creditors ensuring your offer is affordable to you. Therefore, please can you complete the attached form and return it to us in the next 30 days with your first payment. In this respect, you may be interested to know, there are a number of Debt Management Companies who are “non fee charging” organisations such as The Citizens Advice Bureau, The StepChange Debt Charity and National Debtline who would be able to assist you. Details of these non fee charging debt management companies can be found on the internet.

You can make a secure payment to ARC 24 hours a day with your debit or credit card by visiting our web site www.arceuropeltd.co.uk or by calling our automated payment hotline on 0845 0268889. Alternatively you can telephone us on 01932 251000 to make a payment by debit or credit card or you can use the following bank details to make payment:-

Bank name: Barclays Bank
                          Account name: ARC Europe Ltd
                          Sort Code 20-72-17
                          Account Number: 40678864
                          Reference Number: 1909255

If we do not receive your payment and financial statement within the next 30 days, this account will be passed back to our Legal Department for further action.

Please be advised that emails replied to this address will not be answered. All emails must be sent to collections@arceuropeltd.co.uk.

Yours sincerely,

Rachael Wynne
                          ARC Europe Ltd

Comment

How are you feeling/coping? They have accepted your offer. That is a step in the right direction (I think)

Comment

Hi Cecilia

Ok thats good news, you also have 30 days to respond so no rush with this. I recall that you have sent Arc an I/E and list of creditors already (but maybe for the other account)?

Hope all is as well as can be otherwise.

Best
                              SnV

Received this email from Arc today

RE: Quick Quid FlexCredit
                              Balance Outstanding: £683.04

Thank you for your email.

We can confirm that we have provisionally accepted your proposal of £24.00 per month on the understanding you provide us a full financial statement showing your financial situation with your incomings, outgoings and list of creditors ensuring your offer is affordable to you. Therefore, please can you complete the attached form and return it to us in the next 30 days with your first payment. In this respect, you may be interested to know, there are a number of Debt Management Companies who are “non fee charging” organisations such as The Citizens Advice Bureau, The StepChange Debt Charity and National Debtline who would be able to assist you. Details of these non fee charging debt management companies can be found on the internet.

You can make a secure payment to ARC 24 hours a day with your debit or credit card by visiting our web site www.arceuropeltd.co.uk or by calling our automated payment hotline on 0845 0268889. Alternatively you can telephone us on 01932 251000 to make a payment by debit or credit card or you can use the following bank details to make payment:-

Bank name: Barclays Bank
                              Account name: ARC Europe Ltd
                              Sort Code 20-72-17
                              Account Number: 40678864
                              Reference Number: 1909255

If we do not receive your payment and financial statement within the next 30 days, this account will be passed back to our Legal Department for further action.

Please be advised that emails replied to this address will not be answered. All emails must be sent to collections@arceuropeltd.co.uk.

Yours sincerely,

Rachael Wynne
                              ARC Europe Ltd

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
                                How are you feeling/coping? They have accepted your offer. That is a step in the right direction (I think)
                                I am exhausted. Was back at work last week, and there is no let up at all. Here was I thinking, I would have time to settle back in. Am now thinking of taking some Annual Leave, the workload is so bad.

Comment

Working...
                                X