GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Unused NI contributions ... - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unused NI contributions ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unused NI contributions ...

I paid 38 years worth of NI contributions during my working life...on route to achieving the 44 needed for the full state pension.

I received many letters telling me to top up this, at a cost, for a full pension...thankfully I didn't bother...

because they then reduced the requirement to 30 years worth of contributions for a full pension (going up to 35 in 2016).

So, anyway, that left me with 8 years 'overpaid'...like many people I guess.

I was contracted out for most of this time, so just have about £4pw due for the contracted in period.

But, what about the 8 years I paid, which I didn't need to pay...why hasn't this been added to a second state pension ?

I know I'm being overly optimistic here, but has anyone ever queried this....

I'm also not happy on missing out on the new £140pw pension from 2016...so I feel I've missed out twice here as someone with 30 years retiring in 2016 will get more than my 38 years retiring in 2015...by approx £1,500 a year...!!

Pah !!

Re: Unused NI contributions ...

To get an NI refund, you apply to the HMRC Contributions Office. Any HMRC tax office will direct you to the right place and will give you advice on any forms need filling in.

Actually, here is a link direct from HMRC http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/ni/refunds-co.../claimback.htm
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
    X