GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Is it a debit or a credit card? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it a debit or a credit card?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it a debit or a credit card?

I have a mastercard debit card. Except, it seems when it comes to Travelodge. They class it as a Mastercard credit card. Possibly because they charge an extra £2 for payments by it.

I've had a similar problem with other places where they just don't accept it as either.

Should I mention it to my bank? The whole point of them changing from Maestro to Mastercard was that it's accepted in more places, and it is a lot better, but there still seems to be little problems.

I know it's only a couple of quid, but it's more the inconvenience really. I must have tried putting the number in four times before changing the card type!

Re: Is it a debit or a credit card?

Originally posted by Ames View Post
    I have a mastercard debit card. Except, it seems when it comes to Travelodge. They class it as a Mastercard credit card. Possibly because they charge an extra £2 for payments by it.

I've had a similar problem with other places where they just don't accept it as either.

Should I mention it to my bank? The whole point of them changing from Maestro to Mastercard was that it's accepted in more places, and it is a lot better, but there still seems to be little problems.

I know it's only a couple of quid, but it's more the inconvenience really. I must have tried putting the number in four times before changing the card type!
    Yorkshire Bank are crap, why not just move to a normal bank that issues Visa debit card Ames....?

I am guessing it's YB with the MC Card, as they're still the main ones (if not only ones) to issue them (why...?)

But the bank won't do much, they need to fix the BIN to show as a debit card, this could be either / or your banks fault or the motels..... hard to say really.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

It is YB. To be honest, I find them to be pretty good usually. I've got a few reasons for staying with them - they're not owned by anyone else so I don't have to worry about creditors, and I've got pretty much a 'normal' account with them, minus the overdraft - I'd only be able to get a basic account with anyone else.

I also like their charging policy - if you put in money by the end of the working day to cover something going out, they don't charge you. Unlike other banks.

And, their branches in Leeds are disabled friendly which a lot of the other banks aren't.

Comment

Ames

Fair play - I know the main one at Merrion Centre is quite good, accessibility wise so can see your point...... Have a word with them next time you go in and explain it - they may not be aware, or they may be able to refund you - worth asking....

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
        X