GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script is there a difference between visa debit and visa credit - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is there a difference between visa debit and visa credit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is there a difference between visa debit and visa credit

hi all
    after being with natwest for over 20 years on switch/maestro card and having a visa credit card . i changed banks in april this year to santander due to going down the ue route with my natwest credit card, and recieved a visa debit card for my basic santander bank account.
    as this card has the visa symbol on does this mean if i were to book eg a holiday or buy a 3 piece suite then i am covered the same as a credit card eg if the holiday firm went bust i would get my money refunded or does a visa debit carry different set of rules thanks for you help in advance 2
    ALWAYS SMILE NO MATTER HOW BROKEN YOU ARE

Re: is there a difference between visa debit and visa credit

Originally posted by carol01
    hi all
    after being with natwest for over 20 years on switch/maestro card and having a visa credit card . i changed banks in april this year to santander due to going down the ue route with my natwest credit card, and recieved a visa debit card for my basic santander bank account.
    as this card has the visa symbol on does this mean if i were to book eg a holiday or buy a 3 piece suite then i am covered the same as a credit card eg if the holiday firm went bust i would get my money refunded or does a visa debit carry different set of rules thanks for you help in advance 2
    No. Although it is a Visa, it is a Visa DEBIT card and is not covered by Section 75. The only difference I know of is that the Visa backed card is accepted by more retailers than the maestro.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

There is also the Visa Chargeback Scheme which is similar to S.75 but is only available to Visa Debit Cards
      I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Life is full of Ups and Downs. Shame it just aint simple.

Comment

Santander issue visa electron on basic accounts...
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
        X