GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Di30 son/lloyds automatic upgrade - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Di30 son/lloyds automatic upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Di30 son/lloyds automatic upgrade

My son opened his bank statement coming in from work, (Lloyds Bank), they have upgraded his account without informing him, he was under a graduate account and now its classic, so any o/d fees are charged.
    He's had no letter to inform him of this and when he was under the graduate account his £250 planned OD did not charge.

Now they changed to classic, they still have his planned overdraft as £250, and it seems because he used about £11 of his planned OD (a day before his monthly paypay he has to pay £6 charge.

This may not seem so bad, but shouldnt they have let him know, or should he have requested they do this himself??

I know what Lloyds are like because I have been there before with mine (ongoing case with the FOS) at the moment, but my feeling is in time they will be trying it on with upgrading his as well (I have warned him) LOL.

So the fact they upgraded without him saying so and now he has to pay a charge if used planned OD where he never had to before, what would you do?

Thanks.

Re: Di30 son/lloyds automatic upgrade

I have this now, after 3 years it converts to a classic account, but they will write to give at least 60 days notice, any benefits connected with the graduate account will stop.

I can see it has to be done, but he said he not received any letters of notice about this.

Comment

Working...
    X