GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Sold on bank account - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sold on bank account

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sold on bank account

Hi All ..
    Been some time since I posted and hope this is in the right forum !
    Barclays sold a bank account about 1-2 years ago now which is currently with a DCA , I tried to claim charges through FOS who were ok but as the timescale was passed six months they could not proceed further ( long story short I did not follow up original complaint and Barclays just saying we sent you a letter dated such and such and that is our final word ) so missed my timescale.
    I did argue that account should not have been sold on ,FOS did say however I could go for complaint that account was sold on while in dispute and I was in financial hardship , so what are the prescribed terms for a sold on account ? Should I not be noted in writing that it has been sold and to whom ? I know I did not recieve any of this information relating to this.
    Going to setup another complaint with Barclays hopefully they wont go down route of saying we have already replied to this letter on such and such a date, as this is a new complaint.
    Any advice most welcome.

Re: Sold on bank account

Hiya

Can you recall on receiving the final letter? If not then tell them to send you a copy, if they cannot provide you with this, then they may just be fobbing you off by saying they did send it, if they did it may not have reached you and it may have been mislaid in the post (that would not be your fault).

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
      Hiya

Can you recall on receiving the final letter? If not then tell them to send you a copy, if they cannot provide you with this, then they may just be fobbing you off by saying they did send it, if they did it may not have reached you and it may have been mislaid in the post (that would not be your fault).
      Hi Di...not I dont recall that, was getting bombarded with so many letters from Barclays at the time they would have filled a file.Anyway great advice get them to prove they did send me a letter , I am determined to get some form of compensation from Barclays over this account and this is the way forward well enough for the FOS to investigate. Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by jj69 View Post
        Hi Di...not I dont recall that, was getting bombarded with so many letters from Barclays at the time they would have filled a file.Anyway great advice get them to prove they did send me a letter , I am determined to get some form of compensation from Barclays over this account and this is the way forward well enough for the FOS to investigate. Cheers

Good luck with that, the way I see if, if they did, then they should send you a copy with no problem, otherwise it maybe because they didnt

Comment

JJ silly question but did they sell or just get someone to deal with it. Did you get a NOA?

My HBOS current account has been to 4 dca's but halifax still own it

Comment

Working...
          X