GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Budget 2012 Let's discuss! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Budget 2012 Let's discuss!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Budget 2012 Let's discuss!

OK, so we all know its been happening but what does everyone think?

Is there anything you can see that is really going to hit you hard?

Is there anything that you feel is a move in the right direction?

Re: Budget 2012 Let's discuss!

I think there is a lot of hysteria and misinformation going on, George Osborne actually had to tick off the BBC this morning for misinformation and there was a panic merchant on the TV to-night from Age Concern telling all and sundry that all pensioners would be "plunged into poverty" that is just outrageous and not true, worse case scenario, you could lose 260 per year but only if you are about to retire and turn 65 this year. The rest of us won't actually lose anything cos we never actually had it in the first place. I'm all for fairness but a bit of common sense needs to kick in somewhere.

Comment

Sorry, Mrs. D. Don't really agree with you on this - I know the amount of tax paid is not going to go up, but it is going to be frozen. And it does penalise pensioners who fall above the "extra benefits" bit - those in the middle. If your pension is over something like £25K per year (I wish) you don't get the concessions.

Think it was made far worse by the fact that the 50p rate of tax is being reduced.

Yes, I know I am ranting and raving about it - but I just could not believe it when it was announced - alongside the 50p reduction.

Roll on the next election - unless they are relying on all pensioners either not being around (!) or not remembering. I, for one, have no intention of forgetting ...
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I'm not particularly political but i can't stand bad reporting and lying toads, and boy were there a lot of one and quite a few of the other gloatng around this morning.
        Allegedly the 50p thing wasn't working, about two thirds down on what Gordon Brown said it would bring, HMRC confirm this (not that they're any great shots at adding up) but you have to take what they say as fact.

I'd always the defend the right to free speech but lying outright and alarming people unnecessarily is simply not on.

Comment

Point taken, Mrs. D. But, as far as the political dimension goes, I really don't think the Tories thought it through - or perhaps they don't care?
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Never like the budget - always manage to pick large holes in it.

Fine, hes increased the personal allowance, but as always, its delayed till next year.

He should have REDUCED tax on petrol.

As always, those at the top are benefitting the most.

Personally, I think we should have a "Monty Brewster" election and vote for None of the above!
            Last edited by oscar; 22 March 2012, 20:17.

Comment

load of old bollocks if you ask me.............

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	rich people.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	6.4 KB
ID:	1386092

What I saw yesterday smacks of the worst croneyism since the worst excesses of Labour and the Trade unions when the were at the hight of their power.

TV this Morning, Osborne made the comment that his salary didn't even put him in the 45% Tax Bracket ( ballcocks) he is a prime Hooray. Father 17th Baronet, Member of the Bullingdon club, best mates with Nathaniel Rothschild. He has never lived in a council house or done a real day's graft. The cheers when he said he was going to raise the bank levy by what was it 0.000075% or something so that they would not get the full benefit of the reduction in corporation Tax.

Public School Boys get the best Education that Money can Buy. In the real world I wonder how many would pass a simple GCSE. What we need to get us out of this mess and make the world fairer are professional people, Accountants and Business men with proven track records, not Career Politicians in their comfy little bubbles advised by professional acolytes.

Rant over for now.

Regards to all, Handy
                Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,
                Life Long Card Carrying Member Of the Union of Different Kinds.

Comment

I agree about the fuel tax going up just silly

Comment

firstly, we need to stop watching bbc news, they are a propoganda magnet and have always been this since world war 2, if you want real news, watch something else like RT.com.

secondly, the personal allowance freeze on pensioners is very unfair, they have paid in all their life and expect a higher allowance as a thank you, no one would argue with that, the whole point that pensions are taxed on any pension they have over the personal allowance is a joke in the first place. They would have paid tax at the time of paying into their pension, they shouldnt have to be taxed again. People miss this point all the time.

Everyone i speak to seems to think the increase in personal allowance is great as it will reduce the amount of people who fall into the 20% tax bracket, what a joke.

What they do not tell you, and what I CAN tell you (because its my job) they have also lowered national insurance thresholds by the same increase, meaning those who no longer pay 20% tax, AND those who never fell into national insurance contributions, are now paying 9% NI, so for some its actually a reduction of 11%.

George osbourne, talks about mergining NI with Tax and having 1 simple tax rate scheme. i can only summise that the decrease in national insurance thresholds is because at some point in the near future, this will be replaced with a 10% tax band, and the extra 2% NI you have to pay if you earn over x amount will be added to the 20% tax band.

Remember the days of 10% and 22% tax rates? its coming back.

Originally posted by Handyman View Post

TV this Morning, Osborne made the comment that his salary didn't even put him in the 45% Tax Bracket
                    What you have to realise is, every MP is actually a corperation, they are all registered companies, george osbourne like other MP's and directors, are probably on a fixed salary that is below the 45% tax band. The rest he takes as dividends, which has a 10% tax credit upto the first 10,000 i think it is.

So its quite easy for him and any other MP to avoid the 45% tax band.
                    Last edited by SXGuy; 23 March 2012, 09:24.

Comment

Crappy budget yet again!!

Comment

Poorer families to lose again!!!!

Followed some of it the other day, especially when milliband wanted them to nod one way or another on a gain in their pockets!

Well they did not deny it did they?

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
                          firstly, we need to stop watching bbc news, they are a propoganda magnet and have always been this since world war 2, if you want real news, watch something else like RT.com.

secondly, the personal allowance freeze on pensioners is very unfair, they have paid in all their life and expect a higher allowance as a thank you, no one would argue with that, the whole point that pensions are taxed on any pension they have over the personal allowance is a joke in the first place. They would have paid tax at the time of paying into their pension, they shouldnt have to be taxed again. People miss this point all the time.

Everyone i speak to seems to think the increase in personal allowance is great as it will reduce the amount of people who fall into the 20% tax bracket, what a joke.

What they do not tell you, and what I CAN tell you (because its my job) they have also lowered national insurance thresholds by the same increase, meaning those who no longer pay 20% tax, AND those who never fell into national insurance contributions, are now paying 9% NI, so for some its actually a reduction of 11%.

George osbourne, talks about mergining NI with Tax and having 1 simple tax rate scheme. i can only summise that the decrease in national insurance thresholds is because at some point in the near future, this will be replaced with a 10% tax band, and the extra 2% NI you have to pay if you earn over x amount will be added to the 20% tax band.

Remember the days of 10% and 22% tax rates? its coming back.

What you have to realise is, every MP is actually a corperation, they are all registered companies, george osbourne like other MP's and directors, are probably on a fixed salary that is below the 45% tax band. The rest he takes as dividends, which has a 10% tax credit upto the first 10,000 i think it is.

So its quite easy for him and any other MP to avoid the 45% tax band.
                          Indeed hence the lack of reporting on the NHS Bill, and the Governments non-compliance with a court order to release the risk register.

Truly shocking.

Comment

Lets also not forget about all the stuff that was not in the budget speech like 20% VAT on take away food, so you pop out at lunchtime to get a sandwich, crisps, or a Mc Donalds and you are HIT again.

One sentence that strikes a cord with this Government: CAPITALISM for the few not DEMOCRACY for the many.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Clocks go back.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	23.3 KB
ID:	1386108

While we watch what the Government is doing with their left hand, they are picking our pockets with their right.
                              They are better at miss-direction than any magician.

Handy
                              Last edited by Handyman; 23 March 2012, 13:41.
                              Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,
                              Life Long Card Carrying Member Of the Union of Different Kinds.

Comment

Working...
                              X