GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Great condensing boiler swindle: Anger as profiteering British Gas charges £150 to fix freezing pipe - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great condensing boiler swindle: Anger as profiteering British Gas charges £150 to fix freezing pipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great condensing boiler swindle: Anger as profiteering British Gas charges £150 to fix freezing pipe

Great condensing boiler swindle: Anger as profiteering British Gas charges £150 to fix freezing pipe

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on 17th October 2011 17:25.

Millions of homeowners who were forced by John Prescott to buy expensive energy-saving boilers are now facing bills of £150 to stop them from...

Click to Read More...

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.

Re: Great condensing boiler swindle: Anger as profiteering British Gas charges £150 to fix freezing

This is outrageous. It's common knowledge that these pipes freeze up.

I just had a new condenser boiler put in by a local central heating engineer. He fitted the simple plastic pipe to go into the drainage pipe under the sink, so it doesn't go outside at all. It's just a length of 1/2" white plastic pipe FFS. £149?? Get real British Gas!

Comment

Re: Great condensing boiler swindle: Anger as profiteering British Gas charges £150 to fix freezing

mine is a Mtr outside - but i have it lagged with insulation and apply 2 baby hotwater bottle on the 2 connecting joints Total cost: £2.50

(Never got a frozen pipe 2 year gone) - touch pipe for this year too lol

If you can get to the boiler, pipe from inside, you can pour hot water down it, to help it run (rather than pay OTT).
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

The one at Hooray Hall caused a flood last year as the gas fitter left the drain running uphill

A quick cut with the hacksaw solved the problem, not before there was a flood inside the boiler cupboard.

It was an easy task to find the problem.

Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,
        Life Long Card Carrying Member Of the Union of Different Kinds.

Comment

Working...
        X