GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Work until 70 to claim your state pension: Ex-FCA chairman Lord Turner Says; - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Work until 70 to claim your state pension: Ex-FCA chairman Lord Turner Says;

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Work until 70 to claim your state pension: Ex-FCA chairman Lord Turner Says;

Work until 70 to claim your state pension: Ex-FCA chairman Lord Turner Says;

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on: 26th May 2016 15:45
    ......to argue retirement age should be raised to cut costs

• A rise to age 70 by 2030 would force millions in their 50s to wait up to three years longer to draw their pensions
    • State pension age is already set to rise to 66 by 2020 and 68 by 2046

The former chairman of the City watchdog is urging the Government to make people in their 50s work until the age of 70 before they can claim a state pension. Lord Adair Turner, who headed the Financial Services Authority, will argue at a Government pensions review that the age should be raised to cut costs. He wants the official state pension age to be increased to 70 by 2030. This would force millions of people in their 50s to wait up to three years longer to draw their pensions. The state pension age is already set to rise to 66 by 2020 and 68 by 2046. However, Lord Turner, who served as head of the Pensions Commission, said those affected should be given more than the current £155.65 a week. Neil Duncan Jordan, of the National Pensioners Convention, says: ‘Most people are struggling to keep their job in their 60s — their lives are nothing like privileged peers in the House of Lords.’ .....Read more here

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.
Working...
X