GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script 'Bedroom tax': Government loses Court of Appeal cases - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'Bedroom tax': Government loses Court of Appeal cases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Bedroom tax': Government loses Court of Appeal cases

'Bedroom tax': Government loses Court of Appeal cases

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on: 31st January 2016 08:37
    The Court of Appeal has ruled that the so-called bedroom tax discriminates against a domestic violence victim and the family of a disabled teenager.
    The ruling followed legal challenges by a woman who has a panic room in her home, and the grandparents of a 15-year-old who requires overnight care. The removal in 2013 of what the government calls the spare room subsidy cuts benefits for social housing tenants with a "spare" room. Ministers have said they will appeal. The Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) argued that it had given councils money to make discretionary payments to people facing hardship because of the policy change. The case is now due to be decided in the Supreme Court......Read more here

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.
Working...
X