GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script RBS to reimburse 4,500 dormant account holders - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RBS to reimburse 4,500 dormant account holders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RBS to reimburse 4,500 dormant account holders

RBS to reimburse 4,500 dormant account holders

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on: 13th December 2015 16:25
    Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS) says it will reimburse some 4,500 customers, after it wrongly told them that they did not hold a dormant RBS account.

Those affected had applied via a British Bankers' Association (BBA)-headed scheme which connects bank customers with dormant cash. RBS apologised for its error, and said that after spotting its mistake it took quick steps to rectify the situation. The bank says the average amount involved is less than £50. Customers are now being asked to visit their local RBS bank branch to reclaim the cash owed.

'Apologise for inconvenience'

"Unfortunately we wrongly advised some customers who had made a request through the BBA Lost Account scheme that they did not hold a dormant account with us," an RBS spokesman said. "We are very sorry that this happened and as soon as we discovered this we took steps to correct our error. "We are writing to all affected customers and asking them to visit their local branch with ID to reclaim their outstanding balance.....Read more here

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.
Working...
X