GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script The great smart meter rip-off: Energy giants will use devices to DOUBLE the cost...... - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The great smart meter rip-off: Energy giants will use devices to DOUBLE the cost......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The great smart meter rip-off: Energy giants will use devices to DOUBLE the cost......

The great smart meter rip-off: Energy giants will use devices to DOUBLE the cost......

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on: 18th November 2015 09:44
    ........of power when you need it most

• Digital smart meters rolled out as an energy-saving measure
    • Meters send instant information back to energy suppliers on usage
    • Energy giant British Gas is trialling charging more at peak times
    • Watchdog Ofgem warned in report suppliers would develop new tariffs

Energy giants are set to use digital smart meters as a way to double the cost of power when families need it most — adding nearly £60 a year to the average bill. A Money Mail investigation has discovered Britain’s leading power firms are expected to introduce tariffs that charge more at peak times when they roll out new electronic meters which monitor how much energy you use by the second. It means electricity and gas used in the evenings could cost 99 per cent more than at other times — penalising everyone cooking family meals, watching popular TV shows and heating their homes on chilly winter evenings. Higher charges will also apply in the morning when people are most likely to be taking baths and showers and having the central heating on.

Money Mail has discovered that British Gas has already trialled a tariff that charges more at peak times. And we have uncovered evidence that smart-meter schemes unveiled in other countries have proved a disaster, with complaints about soaring costs and an outcry over invasion of privacy. Experts have raised fears about complicated payments which could be difficult to understand.....Read more here

read more here at aad blog pages

May 2015
    Ofgem to investigate 'forcibly installed' pre-pay meters LINK
    June 2015 Call to cut pre-payment meter charges by Ofgem LINK
    November 2015 E.On to pay £7m for smart meter failure LINK

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.
Working...
X