GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Energy comparison sites earn £30 for every switch, MPs told - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Energy comparison sites earn £30 for every switch, MPs told

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Energy comparison sites earn £30 for every switch, MPs told

Energy comparison sites earn £30 for every switch, MPs told

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on 4th February 2015 15:11.

*The big five energy comparison sites have admitted they earn up to £30 in commission every time a customer switches provider.*When customers change...

Click to Read More...

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.

Re: Energy comparison sites earn £30 for every switch, MPs told

So they are just as much to blame as no doubt that commission is in the bill

Comment

Not surprised to see this. Some companies give you better deals if you go direct because of the this introduction service.

I was not aware that the majority of utilities check your credit rating and proceed or not depending on the response. Unfortunately they do not appear to have the facility, or the manners, to tell you that they have decided not to proceed with the switch, after saying you have been accepted and will receive more info in a few days........

Comment

Personally I don't see what all the fuss is about, the price comparison sites are businesses and the objective of a business is to generate profit be it by selling a product or a service, and if utilities companies are prepared to pay them commission for directing new customers their way then they are doing their job well.

Comment

And the little OLeg Meerkat is so cute
          If you are using a shovel to dig yourself into a hole, a credit card company will be happy to give you a JCB !!

Comment

Working...
          X