GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Jobcentres assess claimants 'haphazardly', say MPs - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jobcentres assess claimants 'haphazardly', say MPs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jobcentres assess claimants 'haphazardly', say MPs

Jobcentres assess claimants 'haphazardly', say MPs

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on 29th January 2014 10:02.

*Jobcentres are investigating benefit claimants' needs in a "haphazard" way, missing crucial information about barriers to work, MPs have said. *...

Click to Read More...

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.

Re: Jobcentres assess claimants 'haphazardly', say MPs

Oh what a shock - who would have thought that the job centres are in effect falsifying the figures to hit targets set, more government bullshit will follow, the real deal is this: Not far from me a new Pets at Home store is to open, they advertised 6 jobs - 500 applications were received. Try telling anyone north of Watford that the recession is over.

Comment

The recession is not over..... there are just more part-time jobs out there than ever, which get the figures down nicely but pay less than a person can survive on. People who try and juggle two part-time jobs get penalised through the tax system, so it's put up or shut up, like always.
      Remember the mantra:
      NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
      Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
      Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

It would be interesting to see the actual real figures of unemployment and not just the ones manipulated for the tory press, even a zero hour contract job is now counted as employment, my betting would be around 5 million, maybe more.

Comment

Originally posted by PriorityOne View Post
          The recession is not over..... there are just more part-time jobs out there than ever, which get the figures down nicely but pay less than a person can survive on. People who try and juggle two part-time jobs get penalised through the tax system, so it's put up or shut up, like always.
          There are also many thousands being sanctioned for the most menial reasons which also brings the stats down

Comment

And it is the soft targets who get sanctioned. Those that for whatever reason are unable to take on the system

Comment

Working...
            X