GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Public get chance to buy part of Royal Mail in £3bn 'Thatcher-style' privatisation - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Public get chance to buy part of Royal Mail in £3bn 'Thatcher-style' privatisation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Public get chance to buy part of Royal Mail in £3bn 'Thatcher-style' privatisation

Public get chance to buy part of Royal Mail in £3bn 'Thatcher-style' privatisation

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on 13th September 2013 19:21.

Millions of families were today invited to buy shares in Royal Mail in the first Thatcher style

Click to Read More...

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.

Re: Public get chance to buy part of Royal Mail in £3bn 'Thatcher-style' privatisation

Probably go the same way as rail track..........
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Re: Public get chance to buy part of Royal Mail in £3bn 'Thatcher-style' privatisation

No thanks now strike even if at Christmas as this is another threft of public assets which will only lead to even poorer service and higher prices because this is going from public service to private business which as proved countless times not to work.

Posties if you value your job strike otherwise you will see a bigger round of redundancies.

Comment

There is not much left of the old Post Office. For many years the Post Offices have been run by mainly by small business and franchises. The production of stamps was sold off and the muppets even sold off the copyright of using the Queen and all the machinery for a song. The computer systems are out to 3rd parties and so the actual deliveries are the bulk of what is left.

SO much for pensions and other perks, the lack of decent investment by successive governments has led to other companies cherry picking services. Downhill from here. What is left in public hands?

Comment

Royal Mail sale: Small investors will be favoured

Small investors will be favoured in the privatisation of the Royal Mail, but those seeking a large stake might not get any shares, the BBC has learned.

More ---> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-24471622
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Royal Mail shares jump sharply on market debut

Read more---> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-24488144

Comment

Hargreaves Lansdown's systems buckle under Royal Mail share trading

Customers complain of 'complete fiasco' as both online and phone dealing services fail to cope with demand.....Read more HERE

Thousands of its 500,000 strong customer base have had problems trading throughout the day, missing out on big gains. Savers who received the minimum share allocation of £750 could have netted a £250 gain as shares traded at up to 450p, a near-40pc rise
              Last edited by 5corpio; 11 October 2013, 15:30. Reason: buckled under pressure

Comment

Royal Mail shares begin full trading on stock market

Shares in Royal Mail have risen to 488p as full trading in the company began on the London Stock Exchange.
                This is the first day that people who bought shares through the government's website have been able to trade.

More---> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-24531439

Comment

Royal Mail workers to go on strike in November

Royal Mail workers have voted to go on national 24-hour strike on 4 November.
                  The vote, which the Communication Workers Union (CWU) said was four-to-one in favour, would be the first national strike at Royal Mail in almost four years.

More---> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-24555387

Comment

A pissed off postie tries to sell Houses of Parliament on Ebay today lol

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Houses-of-.../200975309644?

Comment

Working...
                    X