GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Auto-enrolment pensions: 37% of employees plan to opt out - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Auto-enrolment pensions: 37% of employees plan to opt out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto-enrolment pensions: 37% of employees plan to opt out

Auto-enrolment pensions: 37% of employees plan to opt out

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on 1st March 2013 11:15.

Lack of affordability cited as main reason why over a third of UK workers plan to shun the government's pension initiative. More than a third of UK...

Click to Read More...

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.

Re: Auto-enrolment pensions: 37% of employees plan to opt out

Id say its higher than that, what it wont have taken in to account is the number of employers advising their staff to opt out (which they tech shouldnt be doing)

Small employers struggle already with cash flow to pay staff, extra pension contributions is not something they will be keen on.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Of Course it (one page posted it was 56%). i worked it out that i would be better of putting my contributions into an ISA for the next X Years (and when i is due to retirement, i'll have more money saved PLUS 'here is the best thing' its ALL MY Money in lump sum). As the other way round you DON'T get the money like an ISA payout -SO WHY BOTHER?. Why would i put into this POT, when others take the piss already? Its the lowest paid workers who suffers still UKIP, LABOUR, LIBERAL, CONSERVATIVES, They ALL Freakin Corrupt! and this the cycle that we live in and it'll never change!

The Gov Pension POT is so stuffed (screwed) due to people that either left the Country to work, un-employed to name a few, and nothing we can do with this generation of retirements. Resulting in not enough people working paying into the pot for the next generation retirements. IF everything continues across the next 10 years like this, then that next generation won't have anything apart from to piss into an empty pot (NOT enough BRITISH workers to put into the POT, too many overseas coming to work then moving back to there country collecting back there taxes). Just to name one reason
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Correct

Government pension schemes are not secure, they will dip in to it at some point, and people will receive less in the future, cant argue that one, history tells us this already.

Just another way for government to generate revenue that they can spend now and worry about later.

Comment

Auto-enrolment workplace pension savings 'insufficient'

Concerns have been raised that insufficient pension savings are being put into new, auto-enrolment workplace pensions. Nearly three million people have been signed up under the scheme, the Pensions Regulator is expected to announce later. For many, the scheme means some money is being put aside for retirement for the first time. But some say that contributions from employers are too small.....Read more here at AAD Blog pages

Comment

Contributions from employers wont get any bigger, not for the small companies anyway, see my first post.

This is just a silly idea from the very start, no small company can afford this, and in reality it shouldnt be up to them to force people to save.

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
              Correct

Government pension schemes are not secure, they will dip in to it at some point, and people will receive less in the future, cant argue that one, history tells us this already.

Just another way for government to generate revenue that they can spend now and worry about later.
              This is what people know for a fact, how many pension funds have been plundered in the past, the fact that this is government controlled makes it even worse. Government have already screwed up my private pension that I scrimped and saved for.

Comment

Working...
              X