GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script 'Put Disabled Kids Down' Councillor - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'Put Disabled Kids Down' Councillor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Put Disabled Kids Down' Councillor

'Put Disabled Kids Down' Councillor

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on 28th February 2013 10:37.

*After initially refusing to resign over controversial comments made at an equalities event, Collin Brewer steps down.* A councillor has resigned...

Click to Read More...

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.

Re: 'Put Disabled Kids Down' Councillor

It's very painful. I didn't sleep last night. I probably won't sleep tonight.
    I'm not eating. I think it will live with me. It's continual regret. I'm hoping I will cope with it. We will see.

I feel very sorry for Mr Brewer...NOT!
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

What a tosser !

My brother is disabled due to mistakes made at the hospital when he was born but leads a good life although in a wheelchair !

Maybe he should be put down now before he becomes a bigger burden on the system ?

Comment

No easy answer

Put down ALL the politicians

Comment

Hopefully Mr Brewer will starve to death, it will save us a trip to the Vet to put him down.

How dare a politician or anybody get away with making a comment like this.

This shows the mentallity of whats trying to rum our country.

Comment

I hope a complaint is made via all the right channels including the police and he is arrested and charged because this is a disability hate crime and coming from someone in his position makes it all the more worse.

fuckin disgusted

Comment

Just spent 2 weeks with my disabled sister - Rubella Syndrome i.e. German Measles in the womb. ( This is now preventable, so get your daughters and grandchildren protected. ) The experience was as always mixed and had highs and lows. However, it has been part of my life for many years, and is done without recompense.

Newly disabled adults, as many paralympians, have different outcomes and normally are better treated, with insurance payouts and advocates for their needs.

Of course the level and type of disability affects the cost of education of youngsters. Club feet and cleft palates are now mainly resolved soon after birth whereas they used to be treated as disabilities requiring to be hidden away with special schooling. However, many 'normal'children cost a lot to educate. They are disruptive and 'naughty' and affect the school and society. So should all children in detention (if they can still impose) be 'put down'.

The burden of raising children disabled from birth falls mainly on the family. There is some help from the state after many hurdles which changes from year to year. It is never enough. State education only goes until 16 when there is very patchy help, if any, normally comprising short unpaid work placements. Where the child is institutionalised, or in a shared home, many of the workers spend their time looking after their bodily needs, but not their intellectual and emotional needs. They are not paid to do any more, and also are not allowed to.

That chap didn't look as though he had eaten much before his tirade.

Comment

Julian this is a big issue that still has not had the debate and awareness it deserves, I became disabled at 27 via an SAH Stroke but was born with the weak middle cerbral artery that caused it.

I have that wonderful gift of being in the inside and able to look out many citizens do not have this and thus have there heads in the clouds but I do not blame them for that because it is very hard to relate to understand and have empathy because it just does not cross ones mind, however this chap is in public office and really should not be there if that is his attitude as those few words say a lot about his knowledge of the matter and if he does not understand he should just shut up until he has educated himself about the issues of disability.

Comment

You are not wrong. The man probably never has been touched by disability, but will probably know all about what is his due when he or a member of his family succumbs. Was he joking? If not, then he deserves to find himself charged under the DDA.

Over time there have been many ways of ensuring the survival of the worthy - the Spartans who left their children out overnight, and Mengele who sought to breed perfection. Their perfection was subjective.

Fortunately, my only disability is being short sighted, although tinnitus and arthritis have taken hold. My brother has MS which has left him in a wheelchair, and my sister as described being profoundly deaf and developmentally retarded in other ways. So I have second hand knowledge of living with disability and first-hand knowledge of the different treatments.

Budgets are being cut and who knows what will happen to ILF in 2015 when it reverts to Social Services where there are already big cuts.

Comment

The ILF has already been scraped m8

Comment

Not for those who were already in receipt.

If you could claw it back from the care homes who use it for pampering sessions - i.e. having a bath and washing hair. Demise is 2015. Till then no increase, no extras, no holiday just as it was in 2010. Not good but better than nothing. BUT if you succeed in being independent you lose the DLA or whatever it is called. No chance with my sister, constant surveillance required.

Comment

Working...
                      X