GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Barclays to acquire ING Direct UK - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barclays to acquire ING Direct UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barclays to acquire ING Direct UK

Barclays to acquire ING Direct UK

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on 9th October 2012 13:30.

Barclays Bank has agreed to buy ING Direct UK, taking on its £10.9bn deposits and £5.6bn mortgage book. The deal will involve the transfer of 750...

Click to Read More...

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.

Re: Barclays to acquire ING Direct UK

I have savings in ING and do not want them in Barclays, my account will be closed as soon as the transfer back to my bank is complete!

Comment

Not good news, I've got a few £'s as an emergency fund tucked away here. I do not want that going to Barclays. I've read that the deal will probably be going through in March / April 2013, just when my introductory bonus ends, so I'll be closing the account then and transferring it to an instant access ISA.

MK
      One day at a time, with £34K of UE debt

LloydsTSB - For the (UE) journey NatWest/RBS Mint - (Un)Helpful banking
      Marbles - they lost 'em - and my CCA, what a shame

Comment

Originally posted by vossy View Post
        I have savings in ING and do not want them in Barclays, my account will be closed as soon as the transfer back to my bank is complete!
        Originally posted by mk_chatham View Post
        Not good news, I've got a few £'s as an emergency fund tucked away here. I do not want that going to Barclays. I've read that the deal will probably be going through in March / April 2013, just when my introductory bonus ends, so I'll be closing the account then and transferring it to an instant access ISA.

MK
        Ouch, I know the feeling with the takeovers - except I don't have any savings!!
        Last edited by Susie; 9 October 2012, 15:47.
        When you have nothing you have nothing to lose

Comment

maybe we'll get a 12% savings rate, being Barclays are good at fixing rates to suit...
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
            maybe we'll get a 12% savings rate, being Barclays are good at fixing rates to suit...
            lol
            When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
              Yeah and they would probably charge 20% to get your money out - they can fu*k off!! Its back to the saucepan under the bed for mine

Comment

Latest update/News Circulating:

Bad news for savers? Experts warn Barclays' buyout of ING Direct could limit choice

Savers could lose out as a result of Barclay’s buyout of ING Direct UK, experts have warned. The deal could mean fewer products for savers to choose from as..........Read more from AAD Blog pages: Barclays to acquire ING Direct UK - allaboutFORUMS
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
                X