GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Historic tax return warnings sent by HMRC - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Historic tax return warnings sent by HMRC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Historic tax return warnings sent by HMRC

Historic tax return warnings sent by HMRC

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on 3rd September 2012 17:26.

Thousands of taxpayers will receive letters this week urging them to deal with any historic tax returns they have failed to submit. HM Revenue and...

Click to Read More...

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.

Re: Historic tax return warnings sent by HMRC

What do they mean by criminal "enquires will come after . . ."

I may have a brown envelope or two which I haven't opened and dealt with yet
    Last edited by PlanB; 3 September 2012, 19:17. Reason: typo

Comment

I wish they'd pay me the refund they owe me
      Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
        I wish they'd pay me the refund they owe me
        They're probably waiting for me to pay them what I owe first

Comment

This is nothing new as far as i can see.

Trouble was in the past, the penalties for non or late submission was so pathetic that people would wait a year or 2 before submission as the fine would be cheaper than the tax owed.

Also, previously if you had no tax to pay, they would say no more about it, but not now.

As from last year 2010/2011, fines are £100 for late submission, and £10 per day up to a maximum of £1200.

We sucessfully defended a penalty charge for £660 recently, due to them cocking up, but there are certain clients, who never get their SA's done in time.

Personally, im glad about the increase in penalties because it keeps me in a job lol.
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
            They're probably waiting for me to pay them what I owe first
            Well hurry up and pay them!
            Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Working...
            X