GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script End of free Barclays banking? New chairman says he agrees with fee based accounts 'in principle' - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

End of free Barclays banking? New chairman says he agrees with fee based accounts 'in principle'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• End of free Barclays banking? New chairman says he agrees with fee based accounts 'in principle'

End of free Barclays banking? New chairman says he agrees with fee based accounts 'in principle'

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on 12th August 2012 16:43.

Barclays' new chairman Sir David Walker plans to undertake a root and branch review of the way the bank operates, it was reported today. Sir David...

Click to Read More...

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.

Re: End of free Barclays banking? New chairman says he agrees with fee based accounts 'in principle'

High bank charges challenged by Which?
    There are large variations between banks in the cost of "free" current accounts, consumer group Which? says. Which? says that its analysis "shatters the myth" of free banking. It says the cost of going overdrawn without permission for two days a month costs from £120 to £900 a year. But the British Bankers' Association (BBA) called the report "disingenuous", and said customers could get free banking for accessing cash and making most types of transactions in the UK.
    'Disgrace'
    Which? says that even customers with authorised overdrafts can run up large charges at some banks, including RBS Natwest and HSBC, charging an annual percentage rate (APR) of 19.9%......Read more HERE
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Re: End of free Barclays banking? New chairman says he agrees with fee based accounts 'in principle'

When has anything been free with a British bank? You have to tread a very careful and narrow path to avoid paying anything at all, stray from the path and its not a fair charge you get, surely to god there will be some government at some point that will really take the banks to task and punish them instead of rewarding them for failure time and time again!

Comment

Working...
      X