GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Thousands still hassled by unwanted cold callers - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thousands still hassled by unwanted cold callers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thousands still hassled by unwanted cold callers

Thousands still hassled by unwanted cold callers

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on 2nd July 2012 11:17.

*... despite Government scheme to block them* Thousands of households are still being hassled by unwanted cold callers, despite signing up to a new...

Click to Read More...

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.

Re: Thousands still hassled by unwanted cold callers

These callers are a pain in the arris, We are registered with the TPS and still have at least 6 - 10 unknown callers per day, we have BT caller ID and never answer any calls that are not in our phonebook. They never leave a message and the systems are designed to cut off the call before the answer machine comes on - ba**ards all of them.
    Homeserve in Walsall were fined £750k for this behavior: BBC News - HomeServe fined £750,000 for silent and abandoned calls
    I am sure I have read somewhere that companies get around the TPS by claiming that they are marketing companies. Still ba**ards.

Comment

most cold call i get these days seem to come from overseas or tell me i've been in an accident( if only ,i could do with a claim!!!!)

Comment

I had an accident in my car in January, when I talked to the insurer I gave them my mobile number so that they could pass it on to Enterprise car rental who would contact me about my replacement car, this was on the understanding that the number was not to be passed on to anyone else - jeez, I not get at least one call a day (unknown number) and a couple of texts most days telling me that they now know how much compensation I can claim following my accident. I have complained to my insurer and was told that my number was not passed to anyone except Enterprise, I have talked to Enterprise and they have told me that my number would have been used by the local branch for contact with me only bu would still be stored on their main system, I asked for it to be removed and she said she searched for it but there was no number for me.

Makes you wonder doesn't it?

Comment

It could just be coincidence Vossy.

I get calls like that and I haven't had an accident (and I'm registered with TPS)
          Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
            It could just be coincidence Vossy.

I get calls like that and I haven't had an accident (and I'm registered with TPS)

It could be, but I have made a point of never giving out my mobby to anyone but family, I only did it because of the hire people. I think o2 sell numbers as well.

Comment

Panaroma: 2nd July 2012 @ 8.30pm - Call Centres Undercover
              Linky: allaboutFORUMS - View Single Post - Consumer TV Series on television
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Just had another one - Their records indicate I could be entitled to £3,200 for mis-sold PPI from the last 10 years, Reply INFO for more info or stop to opt out - like fu*k I will!

From 07549639853

Comment

was an interesting program - shame that no-one has my number, i would have a field day telling them 2 words politely . Shame that Miss 5corpio wont give me the numbers that keeps on texting her

Comment

Originally posted by 5corpio View Post
                    was an interesting program - shame that no-one has my number, i would have a field day telling them 2 words politely . Shame that Miss 5corpio wont give me the numbers that keeps on texting her
                    Perhaps we ought to start a list of all the ones that do.

Comment

i think that there is a thread set up on here (spread out somewhere - will have a look?)

Comment

i don't understand HOW the ICO has ONLY been given POWERS from January this year? to Enforce it. its a Huge money making for the Gov pockets to catch these 'Ring Worms'!! Beggers Believe

Comment

Originally posted by Flowerpower
                          Just had a txt saying there's over £2.5k waiting for me in compo for the accident I had! I've never been in an accident (touch wood!)
                          I must have been in the same accident they think you were in as I got the same text and the same amount, must have been a bad accident as I still don't have any reccolection of it
                          When you have nothing you have nothing to lose

Comment

Working...
                          X