GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Nimrud: Outcry as IS bulldozers attack ancient Iraq site - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nimrud: Outcry as IS bulldozers attack ancient Iraq site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nimrud: Outcry as IS bulldozers attack ancient Iraq site

Archaeologists and officials have expressed outrage about the bulldozing of the ancient Assyrian city of Nimrud by Islamic State militants in Iraq.

On Thursday IS - which controls swathes of Iraq and Syria - began demolishing the site, which was founded in the 13th Century BC, Iraqi officials said.

More --->http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-31760656
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Nimrud: Outcry as IS bulldozers attack ancient Iraq site

Who can defeat this evil.
    if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Weirdly I find that more outrageous that much of the killing they do. Well, not really deep down, but you know what I mean. It seems like such a more permanent change to the world, if you see what I mean.

Comment

Do know what you mean but they are pure evil no two ways about it, don't know how they can be defeated.

- - - Updated - - -

I fear greatly for the children

Comment

It is a disgrace and similar to what the Nazi's did.
          They are just ignorant thugs living in the dark ages!

Comment

Don't get me started on these evil people. What right do they have for the killings of innocent people. God forbid we kill one of theirs there would be a public outcry.
            My site name is after General Tutts who won a famous battle at Newbury many moons ago 1643 - I hope to win all my battles and will fight to the bitter end.

Comment

Here here Tutts .I read a hellish story in the week of something else they have done, I can't call them people and I can't think of what they are .Now we've got some bloke saying that vile killer is a kind humble man.

Comment

Yes Nanna, I heard that too, He was supposed to have lived in London growing up and people that knew him say what a lovely person he is. Wait till he chops off their head for no reason or when ISIS have finished with they chop off his head. No one has done him any harm, he has just made himself famous within his colleagues for doing these atrocious deeds.

We live in fear here in London that we can be attacked at any time for being in the wrong place at the wrong time. I hate going on the underground for the reason what happened on 7/7.

The parents have now gone into hiding, I wonder why?
                My site name is after General Tutts who won a famous battle at Newbury many moons ago 1643 - I hope to win all my battles and will fight to the bitter end.

Comment

A tourism and antiquities ministry official said the extent of the damage at the Unesco world heritage site was unclear, but they had received reports that it had been demolished.

Update -----> http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-31779484

Comment

Totally agree Tufts London must be overstretched with security as it is.We haven't been since the 90s .I may be speaking out of turn but I honestly believe that they could be anybody friend, neighbour .

Comment

Originally posted by nanna58 View Post
                      Totally agree Tufts London must be overstretched with security as it is.We haven't been since the 90s .I may be speaking out of turn but I honestly believe that they could be anybody friend, neighbour .
                      No nanna you are not speaking out of turn, we are living with the enemy....and sadly we haven't yet witnessed in the UK just how serious this whole IS issue is going to get......

Comment

That's why travelling on the underground or by train you never know who you are sitting next to and what is in the rucksack they are carrying. 7/7 was a prime example how London came to a complete standstill when the underground and bus was attacked. I was just on my way to work when I heard the news that the whole of London underground was not working. I came back inside the house and then the news started to filter in about the atrocities that had happened and so many were dead and injured. The following week when I was up in London they held a 2 minute silence in Oxford St, I have never heard Oxford St so quiet, busses, taxis, people gathered into Oxford St you could hear a pin drop. I could have been on one of those trains had I had gone earlier that day.

Today I saw a lot of police activity around close to where I live so they are definitely on the lookout and a police van was parked nearby as if they were expecting something. Yes we are living with the enemy and it is too late now as they live here amongst us and we are all sitting targets.

Originally posted by alland View Post
                        No nanna you are not speaking out of turn, we are living with the enemy....and sadly we haven't yet witnessed in the UK just how serious this whole IS issue is going to get......

Comment

Working...
                        X